Automaker failure = depression?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Let 'em fail.....mine still runs jest fine!

ac.jpg

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah well maybe if they didnt charge so much for cars people could afford to buy them and they wouldnt be in this imaginary muck. Funny how the media says we are in a economic crisis but that didnt stop everyone from going out and spending money this holiday season. Yes and like it says. If they go bankrupt the world isnt gunna end

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    I have no sympathy for the car companies, and I dont give a darn about the car unions either.

But Im not gonna fault the workers for making what they do.

The thing that bothers me about the bail out of these idjits is the side effects of them going under.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but the Chineese are first in line to buy GMC/Chevy. That is not in our best interest at all.

Also, the triple down effect will be huge. More people will be effected by this than the workers in these car manufacturing plants. From the restaraunts and bars that are in the communities that service these factories, to schools, clothing stores, groceries, barbers, and so forth, on and on.

I view it as a double edged sword sort of thing. I have no sympathy for the Big 3 and feel that they should suffer for not being able to run their own businesses and allowing things to get this bad. Hell it wasnt that long ago Lee Aiacocoa (Horribly misspelt his name) was on the tv asking Americans to support GMC I believe it was. And the people responded and bailed his companies ass out then, and now here we are again.

But, I thing the long term ramifications will be alot more devastating than people realize.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom