Avery Island

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think there was a sign at the little guard shack where you go on the island but that been about 10 years ago.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have been several times recently. When you enter the guard hands you a ticket. On the ticket it says firearms are not allowed anywhere on Avery island. I do not know if that has any legal force. I imagine they would just kick you out if you were somehow caught carrying.

M-66supersingle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    Kcinnick, I OC if i CC'ed I would care that much. In case you're wondering I OC because Im too young to get a CC permit.

bshootin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    East Feliciana
    +1
    I have been several times recently. When you enter the guard hands you a ticket. On the ticket it says firearms are not allowed anywhere on Avery island. I do not know if that has any legal force. I imagine they would just kick you out if you were somehow caught carrying.

bshootin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    East Feliciana
    I went this past summer and found the same thing that aroundlsu reported. No signage anywhere at all, but on the ticket the gaurd hands you upon entering it reads no firearms. Not sure if they are anti-gun, or just don't want anyone hunting when you tour the nature trails.

Top Bottom