Avoid Tutti Fruiti on the Westbank

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Wank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG950432.jpg

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I had to go to Home Depot to get some hardware for the office.

As I was coming out, this dude looks me up and down (thought maybe he was gay) a few and says "Why can't I do that?"

I said "You can."

To which he replied in a really sarcastic tone "That's right!"

So I had to throw in "There are just a few certain places that you can't."

I was prepared to tell him which places when he turned his back on me and walked off.

So as he walked off I added "But I can."

You want to open carry? Fine.

I know that you can.

But don't get in my face about it.

One of my favorite comments came from a guy who works for Sam's on Manhattan. I was loading groceries into my car when he came up collecting the carts to bring them back in.

"Man," he said, "I need to get me one of them concealed carry permits, too."

So for SOME people concealed DOESN'T mean concealed. ;)

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    It's a constitutional right to bear arms. Fortunately, in LA, they don't force you to have a permit to do so, but they ask that if you don't have a permit, to wear it openly so they know.

Not getting into it beyond this: it's a constitutional right. It shouldn't make people uncomfortable (law enforcement or others) to see a law-abiding citizen performing a constitutionally protected right.

They have the right to refuse service to those with guns. Those with guns have the right to refuse doing business with those businesses.

Why this topic always goes so crazy is beyond me. It's your right; do with it what you will.

Good post.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    One of my favorite comments came from a guy who works for Sam's on Manhattan. I was loading groceries into my car when he came up collecting the carts to bring them back in.

"Man," he said, "I need to get me one of them concealed carry permits, too."

So for SOME people concealed DOESN'T mean concealed. ;)

That's funny right there!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Police open carry not civilians. People like you are the reasons everyone is putting up no weapons signs.

Really? Damn it! Should I throw away my S&W 500- or should I start looking for an IWB for it?:confused:

I mean, I don't wear it to the mall- but I don't want to give the wrong impression while hunting, either. :nono:

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Tutti Frutti's are independently owned I know the owner personally for Kenner and Metairie and he is a nice guy. Not a problem. Always remember your looks and the way you carry yourself sometimes brings unwanted attention in all kinds of situations.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I think what he is saying is if you look like a tactical-surgical clown, you will get treated as one.

Again, it isn't the message, it is the messenger.

And sadly there are a few OC advocates that do more harm than good.

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Tutti Frutti's are independently owned I know the owner personally for Kenner and Metairie and he is a nice guy. Not a problem. Always remember your looks and the way you carry yourself sometimes brings unwanted attention in all kinds of situations.

My Daughter worked at one in BR. It's a franchise. I wouldn't want people to boycott the brand, because of one of the Franchisees.

Top Bottom