Awesome book I'm reading ( soon to be a movie)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For those of you who don't read here is a movie trailer to the book I just started reading yesterday. I'm not a big reader either, but the reviews and this trailer is what got me interested in reading the book. IDK if this belongs in the survival section, but from what I gather that is what the book is mostly about. So far in reading this book it is more than just a Mad Max/Zombie type of book/movie. It examines and exposes the types of horrors and ruthlessness that men will commit when desperation sets in and there is no law to contain them.

Watch the trailer in HD

[YOUTUBE]MwtaIe1P0Q4[/YOUTUBE]

LINK TO THE BOOK:
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Road-Oprahs-Book-Club/dp/0307387895[/ame]

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The Road is a great book. I like a good bit of Cormac McCarthy's stuff. Two other titles you might recognize that he wrote: "No Country for Old Men" and "All the Pretty Horses"

Another book that's good is Blood Meridian. It's very violent though. I'm not sure they could make that one into a movie.

I've been looking forward to "The Road" movie for about a year. They've been pushing the release date since last fall.

Last edited:
    J

jayd

The Road by Cormac Mccarthy had to
    Have been the saddest book I have ever
    Read :(
    It was a page turner though.......
    Of course I was turning pages in anticipation
    Of the father and son finally getting a break

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Read 200 of the 275ish pages last night. Wanted to save some for tonight. I can't wait to see what happens next and it'll be interesting to see how much from the book that they put into the movie.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From looking at the trailer I hope it stays true to the book. But, as is often the case with movies based off of books, the book is better by a long shot.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just to make sure , from the trailor it looks like major weather happenings have destroyed civilization . Its not a "day after tomorrow" type thing is it .

In my interpretation of the book the climate is in a state of "nuclear winter" from a nuclear war. Others say that the climate change was caused by a large asteroid impacting the earth. The author leaves what caused the climate change up to interpretation.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Just to make sure , from the trailor it looks like major weather happenings have destroyed civilization . Its not a "day after tomorrow" type thing is it .

The book gives no indication of what happened, but it's cold, ash is everywhere, and the sun isn't visible. There is really no talk of the cause.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Great book. I read it almost a year ago and still waiting for the movie to come.
    I was holding my daughter in my arms while she slept as I read the last pages. It honestly brought a tear to my eye.:wtc:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom