Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog
    March 1, 2010, 4:27 PM EST

ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon authorities say the 4-year-old daughter of a reality TV show star was mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin says Ashlynn Anderson's mother found her badly injured on their lawn in Astoria on Sunday. Ashlynn is the daughter of Jesse Browning, who stars with his father on The History Channel's show about the logging industry called "Ax Men."

She was flown to a Portland hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

The attack happened four years to the day after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the same home after it bit an adult family member. The two Rottweilers at the Browning home have been quarantined.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow- that's terrible. I agree- why was such a young child left alone around this dog- especially after a prior problem at the home with a Rott???...

I've never really watched the show...is he the heavy-set guy in the promos they always run?

Last edited:

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    No, Jesse browning is the son of the guy with only one hand. He's a skinny guy, I'm not sure if he is on the second season or not but his dad is. .

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    young kids should never be left alone with big dogs....you hear this all the time. "oh XXXX dog wouldn't hurt a fly......" until he eats some kid then it's too late....

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Sorry for the whole group, sorry for loss, sorry for the dawgs

I see people every day ( I live in dog country, lots of pitts, rotts, big mean yrdawgs in mass)

There are very few incidents BUT

Some folks show such disrespect to these big breeds and pass it onto their offspring it amazes me that there are not more attacks

I have observed more times than I want to admit 4, 5 ,or 6 yo kids whacking these dogs over the head with sticks or kicking them, just doing what they have seen parents do

Parents that want to keep these animals need to be extremely responsible but it seems that they are the least,

Again, so sorry for every one involved,

Dawg

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Very sad, my heart goes out to the family.

Certain breeds of dogs are naturally aggressive. Sometimes it does not matter how you treat them it comes out. About 18 months ago I had to shoot my shepherd we had for 7 yrs. cause it started to show aggression towards me and I was concerned for my 4 yr. old.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    young kids should never be left alone with big dogs....you hear this all the time. "oh XXXX dog wouldn't hurt a fly......" until he eats some kid then it's too late....

I disagree strongly.

Children and those who are unfamiliar with dogs should not be left unsupervised around ANY dogs regardless of size.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I disagree strongly.

Children and those who are unfamiliar with dogs should not be left unsupervised around ANY dogs regardless of size.

Maybe so, but a child can't defend itself from an animal larger than itself, if things do go sour. I think what tigerfan is saying is like abstinance. You can't get pregnant unless you put the P in the V. Same thing applies. Kids don't get eaten by dogs if they are never left unsupervised with princess the Rottweiler. No matter how innocent it is, it's still an animal with a certain set of instincts.

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I disagree strongly.

so all these stories about "nice" dogs eating kids are just BS? kids should not be left alone with a big dog. they simply can not defend themselves. kids do things, maybe they hit the dog, maybe they are playing and do something the dog doesn't like, etc....if the dog reacts then it will be too late by the time mommy comes outside.

a 4 year old unsupervised with a big dog is dumb....with a pit bull, rottweiler, etc is should be criminal.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Explain to me the appropriate time to leave a four year old alone for long enough to be eaten by a dog. It is a four year old you don't leave her alone with a rottweiler, a unicorn, or a superhero. You don't leave a four year old alone for long periods of time unless it is in a room safely asleep. It is a freaking shame.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    so all these stories about "nice" dogs eating kids are just BS? kids should not be left alone with a big dog. they simply can not defend themselves. kids do things, maybe they hit the dog, maybe they are playing and do something the dog doesn't like, etc....if the dog reacts then it will be too late by the time mommy comes outside.

a 4 year old unsupervised with a big dog is dumb....with a pit bull, rottweiler, etc is should be criminal.

Try reading the SECOND, EMBOLDENED LINE, please. :)

Also, gamebred Pit Bulls are not at all human aggressive. God only knows what the bloodlines of common "Pit Bulls" are. Hell, they look like Pit Bulldogs (most of the time) but they don't always behave like one.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Maybe so, but a child can't defend itself from an animal larger than itself, if things do go sour. I think what tigerfan is saying is like abstinance. You can't get pregnant unless you put the P in the V. Same thing applies. Kids don't get eaten by dogs if they are never left unsupervised with princess the Rottweiler. No matter how innocent it is, it's still an animal with a certain set of instincts.

Read the part that is emboldened, please. :mamoru:

I don't advocate leaving ANYONE unsupervised with your dogs - not just children. Adults can - and do - pull stupid **** that may illicit an aggressive response from a dog. Sometimes it's just ignorance. Either way both they and you are screwed.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Explain to me the appropriate time to leave a four year old alone for long enough to be eaten by a dog. It is a four year old you don't leave her alone with a rottweiler, a unicorn, or a superhero. You don't leave a four year old alone for long periods of time unless it is in a room safely asleep. It is a freaking shame.

If the dog really decided to do in a child something the size of a Rottweiler would have a 6 year old critically injured in the very first bite if it's to the head... So it wouldn't take long at all. Time is not a variable for the circumstances you described. As I've said before don't leave children or ANY VISITOR or ANYONE UNFAMILIAR WITH CANINE BEHAVIOR alone with your dog. You could NOT leave me in a room with your dog; I'll ask you to call it/take it with you. I also know what can (and sometimes does) happen when dogs are unsupervised around invited guests.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    That’s why I won’t sell my Malamute or my Wolf Hybrids to people with children under the age of 10. A lot of dogs just don’t understand what the crying is. To some breeds, crying is a sign of weakness, get rid of it, it is food……..

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6LDsVfbGLw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6LDsVfbGLw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom