B.S. Meter, Code Red !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I reload, So as with my routine a couple of weeks ago I head to Sherburne to try out my latest.

Good so far, I arrive at about 9am and only a couple of old choupic's down on the right trying their luck (?) with a single shot smoke pole, Which is cool if your into muzzle loader's.

At any rate I start getting set up and like most reloader's I don't want or need some range troll coming and asking a bunch of dumbazz question's. Cause testing reloads is very serious business.

I get the M1-A set up and load a 20 rd. mag. with my first 5 round's to test and here come's Captain Choupic.

I'm thinking Crap !

Cap. Choupic, Mai dat's a M1-A ?

Me, Yeah I just got it and I'm trying a few reloads.

Cap, I have one of those at home.

Me, Nice! You should bring it out sometime.

Cap, Mai I don't shoot it much, Say what size clip is dat ? ( Point's at the 20 rounder ) (B.S. Meter light's up at code yellow)

Me, It's a 20 round magazine.

Cap, You can't use that here to hunt with at Sherburne, The limit is 5 round's for a rifle ! (B.S. Meter now goes to orange)

Me, I don't hunt public land, Just here testing reloads and I hunt family property.

Cap, As a matter of fact the whole state is a 5 round limit ! ( Code Red , I'm an oilfield guy so I don't take much B.S. )

Me, Bull**** ! Maybe 100 year's ago there was a limit !

Cap, I'm going to call Captain C ? with the Wildlife and Fisher's (I didn't really catch the name) and ask HIM !

Me, I don't give a F who you call !!!

So, He stomp's off and whip's out his cell phone and start's punching button's.....After about 30 second's ? I guess Captain C. won't take his call....HA.

Then he yell's, I'm going to call Sgt. So-N-So.

Me, Knock yourself out !

He get's someone on the line and asks them about a rifle magazine limit, Listen's for about 30 second's, Close's his phone and stomp's off to his bench and he and his partner pick up their smoke pole's load up and leave without saying another word, Color me surprised...
    Ha....

So the moral of this story is: There is still bad information floating around out there, Even from a 65 (?) year old choupic
    and I got the range to myself for the next 45 minute's or so, I'll let ya'll figure that one out. Later

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Yeah man, I have to inform countless people that it's not a 5 rd mag limit. Only thing restricted is the shotgun shell capacity. I absolutely loved your responses to the uniformed, Cap Choupique!

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ummmm. Yeah so, I happen to be a bit gullible at times, it's not a 5rd mag limit on rifles then on personal property? Because that's all I heard since I've lived here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Never understood why some folks just can't mind their own business... if a fella is at the range by himself he probably wants some privacy!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Not that I'm aware of, I would suggest you get the lowdown from a LDWF warden. Like I said, I don't hunt WMA's.

Ummmm. Yeah so, I happen to be a bit gullible at times, it's not a 5rd mag limit on rifles then on personal property? Because that's all I heard since I've lived here.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville

Nope. AFAIK it's all the same rules. Maybe it is the hunting club's personal/private set of rules not allowing a magazine of more than 5 rounds because of their club's view on what the dynamic of sport hunting?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom