Background check delays

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlidellArms

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Been in Slidell for 12 years
    Hey there...somethings bothering me, every gun i sold this week was put on delay...7 guns...not a single approval. This is very out of the ordinary, I called Weapons Training and they said the same...10 delays not a single proceed. Before i start getting all paranoid, can you guys let me know if anyones been able to get a firearm this week?

Thanks in advance

Kim

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That does sound a little strange...system dwon maybe?

mp18.jpg

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    funny thing....

A friend of mine bought a rifle last week at an Academy in Huntsville, AL.....he was told there was a "delay"....his brother also purchased the exact same rifle at the same time. He was able to leave with his...

I'm wearing my tinfoil hat as I say this, but maybe this is the ATF enforcing a new secret mandatory waiting period? /sarcasm

mitter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Funny you posted this. I was just at academy gettin shells for upcoming dove season and in the few minutes I was there, two people trying to purchase shotguns were both delayed. Heard the counter guy comment on "the odd number of delays they've had lately."

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I bought a shotgun Tuesday without a wait in Mississippi..also had a pistol shipped about two weeks ago to s&s in slidell and no wait there either...

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I haven't done a 4473 for a customer in the past week so I have no idea. If I do one I'll come confirm whether I get a delay or proceed. I have been getting a lot of secondary screens over the past month though.

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I was put on a delay 2 weeks ago when buying a handgun. Never been delayed before amd I just bought one previously a month prior no hold up. But they called back in less than an hour to confirm pick up

Beaver Creek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Denham Springs (Watson Area)
    Sold 2 today, one delay and one ok. As mentioned in this thread I am experiencing many more secondary checks than I used to. Also, I rarely get callbacks when the delay is released. After no callback I do the transfer after 3 business days.

dydog4566

LA CHP Instructor # 411
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Greenwell Springs,LA
    I was beginning that delay business was a gun show thing maybe, was with a friend in Cabella's one week, he bought a Taurus 1911 and walked out the door with it. One week later at the gun show tried to by a Walther and got delayed, I have been delayed twice myself, both time at a gun show. just things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom