Backup power incase of power failure

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Is there a device that can supply automatic power to something if my power goes out? I'm not talking about a 15kw generator, just something to run a perimeter fence for the dogs. I looked at some UPS but they only supply power for a few minutes. I'm afraid the dogs will be able to run away if the power trips

What I have in mind is being able to plug my perimeter fence into said object and plug said object into an outlet to remain charged from electricity, power goes out and said object supplies power to perimeter fence

DynoLa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Shreveport
    Depending on the power consumption, maybe a solar panel with a SLA battery and a power inverter would do the job. No need for electricity.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Depending on the power consumption, maybe a solar panel with a SLA battery and a power inverter would do the job. No need for electricity.

Probably wouldn't even need the power inverter. If it is a a buried perimeter type fence, then most of those have a base station that requires a DC adapter.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    It's a perimeter fence not the underground one. It just sends out a signal so many feet from the box inside. You can bring it anywhere with you and it works the same. Once the dog gets so far from the box it lights them up. And yes it just plugs into the wall socket

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    It's a perimeter fence not the underground one. It just sends out a signal so many feet from the box inside. You can bring it anywhere with you and it works the same. Once the dog gets so far from the box it lights them up. And yes it just plugs into the wall socket

But it has a power adapter that plugs in to the wall socket correct? Not just a regular plug? If so, look on the adapter and tell me how many volts DC and amps OUTPUT it says.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom