Bad experience at sports optics in hammond today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    As a current retail store employee, I can say, different places have different attitudes, and every employee is different. I can usually tell by looking at the customer whether or not they want any help by observing what they are looking at and how they are looking at it, but it is not always a sure bet. If it looks to me like they are just browsing and killing time, I may wait a few minutes before asking if they need help or until they ask me for help. If they look like they need/want help, I go directly to them. I am just not a fan of customers who get impatient when they have to wait a minute or two while I am helping someone else, especially when I get to them, and they just want to look at 50 different things and not buy anything.

Regardless, I think that you definitely experienced bad customer service from careless employees.

You must work at academy :D

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I like for them to at least say hello when I come in the store and/or ask me for help but I dont get mad when they dont. Now, I can see your point....if you have money ready to spend and are waiting. You could have said hello to them also though.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    sorry you had a bad experience at the shop. i do the best i can to make all my customers happy, not sure when you came in, but sometimes we are all busy, we are a small office and service people all over the country. our primary focus is internet sales. that said i've been trying to open up more to local guys and I'm sad to see this happened.

I work sales and tech support all day via internet, e-mail and phone. let me also tell you that we have a lot of people who come in just to look around and see what we are, people walk in, look around, you ask if they need help and they say no, leaving when ever they are ready. a lot of guys walk over to kill time from the eye clinic. who ever it was probably figured you were one of these guys and just wanted to continue working and left you alone. this is no excuse and I'll talk to him tomorrow. I have to ask, why didn't you tell someone what you were there for?

again I'm truly sorry you had a bad experience, I wish you would have addressed this with someone while you were here, i see your from Marupas and sorry you made the trip for nothing. again I apologize and if there is anything i can do let me know

as for the accounting/shipping lady (i'm not sure which walked by you) they both stay pretty busy and really don't know anything, so they couldn't have helped

He probably would have had YOUR EMPLOYEES taken the initiative to ask! Out of three employees, you would think that ONE would ask. I will not order from the internet or stop by your store due to this thread. Your response actually makes it worse. To me it sounds like "We really do not like to sell to walk-ins".

Train your employees or fire them. Take the initiative yourself to make sure every customer is welcomed. Even if the women do not know anything they could ask "Have you been helped?" and find out what they want and convey it to your sales person.

The problem with service today is that everyone thinks it is someoneelse's problem. Own the problem, and fix it!

gr460

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Based on my previous experiences, it sounds like an unusual day. I have visited the shop on more than one occasion and have no complaints. I was always greeted immediately when I walked through the door and waited on patiently. When shopping for a scope, they even went so far as to set-up a shooting table and hold open the door while I tested different scopes. I have nothing but good things to say about Jay and Chris.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    +1
    Jay just took care of me with some NF accessories that I was in need of just 2 days ago.
    He took the extra time to research and figure out exactly what I needed.
    Positive experience with these guys and look forward to doing business with them again soon.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    I have bought from these guys, Chris and Jay. They bend over backwards to help you. I just don't know what happened that day. It must have been a very different kind of day. I know that Chris runs a very tight ship. Jay is usually the first to speak if he is in the show room. If I had driven that far I would have said something to let them know what was happening. Very good experence with these guys.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    He probably would have had YOUR EMPLOYEES taken the initiative to ask! Out of three employees, you would think that ONE would ask. I will not order from the internet or stop by your store due to this thread. Your response actually makes it worse. To me it sounds like "We really do not like to sell to walk-ins".

Train your employees or fire them. Take the initiative yourself to make sure every customer is welcomed. Even if the women do not know anything they could ask "Have you been helped?" and find out what they want and convey it to your sales person.

The problem with service today is that everyone thinks it is someoneelse's problem. Own the problem, and fix it!

I believe you are addressing your comments to the wrong person.

A. I will bet that none of the people the OP encountered work for mrwiggins. Co-workers ? Probably so. Subordinates ? Doubtful.

B. The owner replied in post #20.

Top Bottom