Ballons, lawn chair, and a shotgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    So what happens if he drops the shotgun on the way up? I would have packed some beef jerky and a 12 pack just in case, but I have been accused of being an overachiever.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I remember reading about a man a few years back who did that in a lawn chair with just a pellet rifle and no parachute. Now that was ballsy.

Larry Walters, IIRC, was the man who did it in the 80's. A few others have tried it, but I would assume they had parachutes.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Why the shotgun? He pulled a cord and released the knot for the lawn chair...did not need a shotgun for that.

Without a gun involved it would have been a boring video and no one on Bayoushooter would have paid any attention. :D

Seriously though, a Browning Buckmark and two mags would have been my preference.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I remember reading about a man a few years back who did that in a lawn chair with just a pellet rifle and no parachute. Now that was ballsy.

From The New York Times 3 July 1982
    LONG BEACH, Calif, July 2 (AP) A truck driver with 45 weather balloons rigged to a lawn chair took a 45-minute ride aloft to 16,000 feet today before he got cold, shot some balloons out and crashed into a power line, the police said.
    "I know it sounds strange, but it's true," Lieut. Rod Mickelson said after he stopped laughing. "The guy just filled up the balloons with helium, strapped on a parachute, grabbed a BB gun and took off."

The man was identified as Larry Walters, 33 years old, of North Hollywood. He was not injured.

I was nervous in the company jet at 16,000 feet. I can't imagine that in a fk lawn chair. Guys got brass balls imo.

Last edited:

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    From The New York Times 3 July 1982
    LONG BEACH, Calif, July 2 (AP) A truck driver with 45 weather balloons rigged to a lawn chair took a 45-minute ride aloft to 16,000 feet today before he got cold, shot some balloons out and crashed into a power line, the police said.
    "I know it sounds strange, but it's true," Lieut. Rod Mickelson said after he stopped laughing. "The guy just filled up the balloons with helium, strapped on a parachute, grabbed a BB gun and took off."

The man was identified as Larry Walters, 33 years old, of North Hollywood. He was not injured.

I was nervous in the company jet at 16,000 feet. I can't imagine that in a fk lawn chair. Guys got brass balls imo.
    Wabbit sir, I think North Hollywierd says it all.

Top Bottom