Barney's Police Supply is closing??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    GunPrime in Alabama has some GREAT prices at times. Oredred a Walther PDP Compact from them for 529 and no sales tax just the 19 for shipping and the prcie of the gun.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The above is totally accurate. Thats why you will see the price of transfers go up.

Some FFL's I deal with refuse to do business with some of the big dealers (like Bud's) and refuse all transfers from them because they sell guns on the internet under cost of what they get from distributors.

We can be as mad as we want as customers, but when all the smaller local stores close down, you wont be able to rub your dirty fingers all over the new model Glocks, only go to the big local stores who charge 20% more for the items. So be careful what you ask for.
    If a gun store had coffee pot on all day and chairs to visit. I'd be there all dang day and night and help close. Lol I prefer to spend my money locally .

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    The above is totally accurate. Thats why you will see the price of transfers go up.

Some FFL's I deal with refuse to do business with some of the big dealers (like Bud's) and refuse all transfers from them because they sell guns on the internet under cost of what they get from distributors.

We can be as mad as we want as customers, but when all the smaller local stores close down, you wont be able to rub your dirty fingers all over the new model Glocks, only go to the big local stores who charge 20% more for the items. So be careful what you ask for.
    It's not just the big bad online stores with low prices. There are a few small gun stores that are pushing out product and lots of it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It's not just the big bad online stores with low prices. There are a few small gun stores that are pushing out product and lots of it.
    This. Every time I go to my local FFL with a certain gun in mind i always ask them first do y’all have it? If not, can y’all order it for me? If so what’s the price? They will flat out tell me either yes let us order it for you and we can match/ beat that price or no you should order it from xyz because we can’t beat that price.

It seems like a lot of this comes down to greed and making max dollar on every transaction. I have some sales experience and to me it seems like it makes ALOT more sense to give customers a decent deal as well to keep them happy and coming back.
    Yes you may only make $25 profit off of me now instead of the $50-$75 profit you were going to make but now I’m going to come back on Tuesday and probably again on Friday. I’m going to remember these guys take care of me so let me help them out and go patronize their business instead of just ordering 2 cases of ammo online and calling it a day.

It seems like it would make a lot more sense to find ways to work with these major retailers instead of bashing them and talking down at them every chance you get because they can offer a cheaper product.

Just my $1.02

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    PSA will have what you need. Small mom and pop stores need to step up their service and offer services not availble online and smile once in a while and try to be helpful. Like all industries, change with the times or close the doors.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Well we can blame a lot of these problems on ourselves. We love it when we can go into our local places and get to actually look at the items in person while fondly holding our new possible purchase... Then after the decision is made we go to the internet and order it from another vendor for a cheaper price. If we do not support our local vendors then what are we going to do when the locals close the doors. ................................... drill sgt.

Top Bottom