Baton Rouge 8th Best City for Meat LoversThe 10 Best Cities for Meat Lovers in Americ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hmm...A little surprising no Texas cities made the cut, with all the BBQ & Steak houses....

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Louisiana has the highest poverty rate in the Nation when the last 3 years are averaged.
    Mississippi beat Louisiana in 2012 with Arkansas running close behind them.
    Sounds as if those food stamps or whatever they get these days is spent on Meat, Beer and Cigarettes.

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Louisiana has the highest poverty rate in the Nation when the last 3 years are averaged.
    Sounds as if those food stamps or whatever they get these days is spent on Meat, Beer and Cigarettes.

This ^^^^^

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Meat can be one of the most filling, healthiest, and /cheapest/ purchases.

The whole reason "barbecuing" exists is because it was the only way to make some cuts palatable. "Pork steaks" back in Missouri were the poverty-stricken barbecue of choice, because they were one of the absolute cheapest pieces of meat you could get. Still a favorite of mine, but pork steaks have climbed up a good bit to be competitive with other cuts, per pound.

Calorie for calorie, pound for pound, meat and apples/oranges/bananas gets you pretty damn far on a budget.

I'm really surprised by this 'ranking' though - it really goes against most of what I've experienced in my time traveling everywhere west of the MS River, and some northeast. /shrug

Top Bottom