Baton Rouge crime is getting ridiculous...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    no he is just a lonely 12 year old acting like a cop and giving them all a bad name.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. You made what I and others consider to be a borderline racially charged remark. I think you know you did to and that's why you can not/will not answer the question. And in this particular incident I think he showed great restraint in reply to your comment that was removed. Especially for him and on a full moon, I expected him to lay into you like a hound dog on a soup bone.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. You made what I and others consider to be a borderline racially charged remark. I think you know you did to and that's why you can not/will not answer the question. And in this particular incident I think he showed great restraint in reply to your comment that was removed. Especially for him and on a full moon, I expected him to lay into you like a hound dog on a soup bone.

****...now I can never say WINDSORFOX NEVR takes my side.

****, I had a perfect record going. LOL

It was full moon BTW, and I was really rather randy, but I have been working on my restraint. Thanks for noticing. ...seriously ;)

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Old School Police Work. More Cops making more traffic stops and targeting repeat offenders and recidivist. A DA that will Prosecute instead of plea. Probation and Parole that are empowered to violate the violators. All the stuff that spooks politicians and cost money. I wonder how many un-served warrants EBR Parish is sitting on. Thats not a dig at the SO I'm sure their hands are tied, imagine the drop in crime if a Task Force started aggressively snatching up every Felon with paper.

I'm not so sure that is good enough, but then the kind of things that would stop the problem would be opposed by the hand-wringers. But... This is exactly where the Pelosi's and Obama's of the world want us. They will not be totally happy until the US is just like Nigeria and they are up at the top.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    When you snatch all of those thugs off the street , where are you going to put them ?
    The jails are full . Hell , I don't know if they still do it here , but I can remember way back when , the BRCP Dispatcher making an announcement over the air that the jail was full . They would hold prisoners at the districts until they had room for them . Jails cost money , lot's of money . I don't know what the answer is , nobody want's to pay more taxes .

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Old School Police Work. More Cops making more traffic stops and targeting repeat offenders and recidivist.
    I am a big fan of more cops making more traffic stops. A major peeve of mine are those traffic ticket cameras being installed everywhere. If someone is blowing through red lights they are probably guilty of several other things like DWI, probably no insurance or out of date inspection sticker and I bet no seatbelt or kids not in child seats. Maybe they blasted through the light because they are gabbing on the cellphone or texting instead of paying attention to where they are going or what they are doing. Either way sending them a ticket in the mail doesn't make me feel safer. Putting a bunch of motorcycle traffic cops out all over the place to bust these idiots and give them multiple fines or yank them off the road completely is what makes me feel better. I can get behind that. Catch a sucker running a light and find out he's got warrants out on him. Busted. Pull him over for not using his turn signal and guess what. He's uninsured. I hate uninsured drivers. I've had a car totalled out and got send to the hospital by a uninsured driver who was distracted by her cellphone.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My answer is to legalize most drugs, and put a decent tax on them. This would:

1) substantially empty the prisons;
    2) bring the cost of drugs down, lessening the motivation for addicts to commit crime to support their habit and putting street dealers out of business;
    3) raise substantial tax revenue to aid in fighting violent crime.

If you want an example, look at the alcohol industry now, as opposed to during the (failed) period of prohibition.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am a big fan of more cops making more traffic stops. A major peeve of mine are those traffic ticket cameras being installed everywhere. If someone is blowing through red lights they are probably guilty of several other things like DWI, probably no insurance or out of date inspection sticker and I bet no seatbelt or kids not in child seats. Maybe they blasted through the light because they are gabbing on the cellphone or texting instead of paying attention to where they are going or what they are doing. Either way sending them a ticket in the mail doesn't make me feel safer. Putting a bunch of motorcycle traffic cops out all over the place to bust these idiots and give them multiple fines or yank them off the road completely is what makes me feel better. I can get behind that. Catch a sucker running a light and find out he's got warrants out on him. Busted. Pull him over for not using his turn signal and guess what. He's uninsured. I hate uninsured drivers. I've had a car totalled out and got send to the hospital by a uninsured driver who was distracted by her cellphone.

But...But.... Traffic Enforcement is not about crime or safety, it is just about collecting revenue for the statist pigs.:eek3:

Real AmeriKKKans should be free to pursue their happiness on the public roadways their tax dollars paid for in any manner they choose as long as they do not cause any injury to person or property.

When they do, THEN we will do something about it.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM YALE!!:cool:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    But...But.... Traffic Enforcement is not about crime or safety, it is just about collecting revenue for the statist pigs.:eek3:

Real AmeriKKKans should be free to pursue their happiness on the public roadways their tax dollars paid for in any manner they choose as long as they do not cause any injury to person or property.

When they do, THEN we will do something about it.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM YALE!!:cool:
    I have NEVER said that. Just the opposite. It's those damned traffic camera things which are the revenue collectors which I hate. I've always supported seeing more of Ponch and John clones sitting at intersections.
    I know you were being sarcastic.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Actually I agree with that 100%, when it comes to cameras. Part of the point (IMO) behind traffic stops is to do something about drivers who are actually dangerous and catch the ones who have been evading a search.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The cameras do signifigantly stop people from running redlights and speeding; however, they are very limited in scope and do not provide the follow-up investigation that leads to the apprehension of felonies and other serious crimes.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA

2) bring the cost of drugs down, lessening the motivation for addicts to commit crime to support their habit and putting street dealers out of business;

If you want an example, look at the alcohol industry now, as opposed to during the (failed) period of prohibition.
    Easy to miss sarcasm in a forum...surely you jest?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    First, I think we must realize that the police cannot protect us. They would have to be clairvoyant to do that. So we should take the necessary precautions ourselves and release the police to protect those that really need them ( the elderly, the sick, the very young).
    Second, I agree with the young man who said on tv that a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
    Third, I do not agree with the young lady on tv, who said, " We cannot have all these people buying guns and ammunition. We have to find the causes of crime and cure those." That is simply pie in the sky fuzzy headed thinking.
    Fourth, we have to realize there are people who are VBCs ( victims by choice); and no one can save them. They will not take any precautions because - "That never happens here" ( a common refrain you hear after a horrendous crime): or the belief "That will not happen to me."
    I see where some defense trainers are saying wear your pistol in your home. I do. I agree with Mjolnir above. Why stash them all over the place - wear one and be done with it. Stash it on your hip. John Farnham gave an instance of one of his students watching tv and two scumbags began breaking down his back door. The student killed one with a 45 glock he was wearing on his hip; and the other ran off leaving their car running in the driveway. On your hip it is immediately available.
    Enough said.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Preachin to the choir here my brudder

Said this for years, the gene pool will definently benifit

A couple years of learning curve but it WILL work...so sayeth Dawg

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    "Police said the suspects were described as two black men on bicycles and they are enlisting the public's help to find those responsible."

so how many white people have to be murdered from black on white crime before we admit wtf needs to be done?

Still waitin.....is this gonna be big ???

attachment.php

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes that's my question and why should race on either side have any bearing on what should or should not be done? If the mother and daughter were black and the killer was an illegal Mexican, he'd need to be publicly executed the same and the victims white and the shooter black, or any other races in either situation.

Yeah, that's how I see it. My mother loves me as much as anyone of your mothers love you. There's no meaningful difference there.

The bigger question is how to bring godliness back into the mainstream culture and subcultures. You can triple the number of police and quadruple the cameras and all you'll have is a Police State as the goblins will continue to stalk and with the economy falling their numbers will grow as once "normal" people slowly change into "petty criminals" for survival.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    no he is just a lonely 12 year old acting like a cop and giving them all a bad name.
    Nah, he's not that. He's a hard ass (who often comes across as a hard ass) who takes his job seriously. He doesn't perceive things from a regular citizen's point of view but I'm convinced that he means well. I have seen far, far worse individuals in my life. And the cops that give cops a bad name usually won't invest the time to communicate with the world in the manner that he does.

Chill out a bit.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

There is a bit of history not usually delved into. Search "China Opium Wars".

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Legalizing drugs would be a huge fail from a revenue stand point. Who;s gonna pay the taxes? The seller? Nope he already has a tax free distribution scheme thats netting him big profits. The Buyer? Nope he is already using the above mentioned system to buy tax free. The Importer? you get the point. Decriminalizing drugs like Marijuana may work. Legalizing drugs in general no way. You think crime is bad now? Legalize Cocaine and see what happens.

Top Bottom