battery impact driver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    More than enough. I've broken plenty of 3/8" and 1/2" stainless bolts with a 3/8" 18v Dewalt impact by overtightening fairly easily.

Just adding a vote for Makita or Dewalt.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I've never used a battery impact wrench... are they strong enough for changing tires?

Cordless battery impact wrenches are a completely different animal than impact drivers. But yes, must 1/2 drive impact wrenches have more than enough torque to change a tire. 120-150 ft lbs but may very depending on the mode chosen.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Dewalt 20v Impact driver. I've been torturing mine for over 2 years (as in I use it everyday professionally). It's been dropped off of 2 trailers, runover by a few tractor trucks, beat to hell, etc...still works great.

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    +1 on the Dewalt. I prefer the NiCd batteries to the Li. The Li just die when they run out but you set some warning with the NiCd. Generally I have to buy a new pair o batteries every 4 years but that's for just average use.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    I have a couple Ridgids. I had the 1/4 drive that is about 143 foot pounds. I just got the 1/2 drive impact that has 300 pounds. Works great. I use them everyday and am very ruff on my tools. If you register them online they are guaranteed for life, even the batteries.

+1 here. My dad, brother and myself all have the big Ridgid sets. Great quality and lifetime warranty. My dad has the NiCad models and had a couple batteries die, the warranty replaced them with current Li-Ion packs. Can't beat that.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    i think i will go with the Milwaukee #2697-22, comes with a drill, impact & charger, 2 XC batteries and right now they throw in a 3rd, 3.0amp/hr battery. 5 yer tool warranty, 3 years on batteries $279.00 shipped

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Dewalt 20v Impact driver. I've been torturing mine for over 2 years (as in I use it everyday professionally). It's been dropped off of 2 trailers, runover by a few tractor trucks, beat to hell, etc...still works great.

My Dewalt drill finally lost it's second main gear after 3 years of daily abuse. I'm going to run it until the first dies, then happily buy another.

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    i think i will go with the Milwaukee #2697-22, comes with a drill, impact & charger, 2 XC batteries and right now they throw in a 3rd, 3.0amp/hr battery. 5 yer tool warranty, 3 years on batteries $279.00 shipped

Good call!! You can't go wrong with Milwaukee.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    My Dewalt drill finally lost it's second main gear after 3 years of daily abuse. I'm going to run it until the first dies, then happily buy another.

Can't beat em.

Think I paid $220 from sears. Drill/driver/2 batteries/charger.

I'll definitely be getting another whenever this one goes out.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    ive got a set of Ryobi that ive had for nearly 10 years without the first failure of a tool. of course ive replaced batteries along the way. several of the guys I hunt with are plumbers or work construction and have all swapped over to the Ryobi with lithium batteries. they have reported them holding up just as well as their dewalt, makit, milwaulkee etc for less. whn they do have to replace them the cost is less. for homeowners use they have served me well. ive helped build multiple camps, carports, sheds, decks and deer stands with mine and have gathered multiple tools like recip saw, circular saw, etc that are really nice for working from ladders or in the woods.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    After my Hitachi set bit the dust, I switched to Dewalt. Thus far, I have been happy with the switch, even though my tools see light use compared to contractors. My impact driver sees the most use when I rotate the tires on the cars.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

Ever asked the dewalt store if they can warranty it? I bought a drill 1.5-2 years ago, and a battery was dead. Brought it to the dewalt store on airline and they replaced the battery for free

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    For household/ one time project use Rigid is the best for the money IMO. Dewalt is quite a bit more pricey however for battery life you cant beat dewalt.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    No one has mentioned snap on. I just built my shop with my 14v 3/8 drive which has seen 6 yrs of professional daily mechanic use prior to that. Still runs like a top. Many times you can find them in a pawn shop at a fraction of what they cost new.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Ever asked the dewalt store if they can warranty it? I bought a drill 1.5-2 years ago, and a battery was dead. Brought it to the dewalt store on airline and they replaced the battery for free

That's good to know. I work a few blocks down the street from them.

Scottr88

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Gonzales
    I have the Milwaukee Model # 2691-22,from Home depot,they are great drills/impacts,no more stripping screws,that impact is the cats meow!!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    makita.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63