Bayou Corne

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    You guys been following this? Worried at all?

I live basically on the other side of the river from the sinkhole, I know how much oil/gas is stored in this and surrounding area and there are also reports of radioactive waste being stored in some caverns in south Louisiana.

We already live in a hotspot for disaster down here with the petrochemical industry, nuclear sites, the river, hurricanes etc. But this gives me anxiety if I let it and keep thinking about worst case scenarios.

Am I the only one?

http://theadvocate.com/home/4984066-125/new-frothing-bubble-site-found

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    When it finally connects to the New Madrid fault, Louisiana and the southern half of Arkansas will be the sinkhole and you can stop worrying.

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    I live in Pierre Part and drive through BC twice a day..never bothered me at all really. I smell the diesel but that is expected from a leaking dome...sucks but like ^^^he said..we have no control over it so I'm not too concerned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    You guys been following this? Worried at all?

I live basically on the other side of the river from the sinkhole, I know how much oil/gas is stored in this and surrounding area and there are also reports of radioactive waste being stored in some caverns in south Louisiana.

We already live in a hotspot for disaster down here with the petrochemical industry, nuclear sites, the river, hurricanes etc. But this gives me anxiety if I let it and keep thinking about worst case scenarios.

Am I the only one?

http://theadvocate.com/home/4984066-125/new-frothing-bubble-site-found

I think your concerns are real. I would develope a evacuation plan in case things get worse. Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just seem to think there should be much more concern than they are leading us to believe but I'm no professional on the matter. Every time I read about it I can't help but think about The Lake Peigneur disaster :run:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I just seem to think there should be much more concern than they are leading us to believe but I'm no professional on the matter. Every time I read about it I can't help but think about The Lake Peigneur disaster :run:

There is a good video on you tube about it. That was crazy.

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA

Lake Peigneur would be great compared to its potential to be ignighted and blow up.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    This should be a concern for anyone who is near the dome and anyone who lives or works near one, as it is a common thing we have and rarely does the media shed light on its possibilities.

We use domes all over west Virginia I know and Ten and Ky for storage, for 100 years we have been pulling gas out of the domes, and then someone said, lets put it back in , store it and charge people to store it...

BC, is a very, very large and deep dome with all kinds of contaminates related to the business and operations of dome storage.. fuel, waste, hydrocarbons.. everything.. that is the diesel you smell..

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    I think they over dramatize it like media does to everything. I live right here in Pierre Part and have very little concern for anything major to happen. Do they need to get it under control? Yes. Is Texas Brine hiding stuff? Probably so. Is some major disaster going to happen? Not likely. Call me crazy, but I'm confused as to how something so major would happen that would have a significant effect all the way across the river in Gonzales. :dunno:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    FYI before someone tries to blast my previous statement...for those that live in Bayou Corne and within 2 or 3 miles. Yes I think it should be a concern, but for places as far as Gonzales especially across the River...do not see how there should be any concern at all.

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I think they over dramatize it like media does to everything. I live right here in Pierre Part and have very little concern for anything major to happen. Do they need to get it under control? Yes. Is Texas Brine hiding stuff? Probably so. Is some major disaster going to happen? Not likely. Call me crazy, but I'm confused as to how something so major would happen that would have a significant effect all the way across the river in Gonzales. :dunno:

Bayou Corne isn't the only cavern with gas being held under pressure. If it blows it could send off a chain of explosions that we couldn't imagine. If one blows, it won't be the only one.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    im told by someone who works at the gas storage very close to the sink hole and next to gator corner that they been taking the natural gas out(by truck?) and replacing it with water. he also said the gas can not explode under ground cause it needs oxygen to burn. it can only burn at the surface as it comes out.

is that true? or is that what he is told to say? i have no idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom