Bayou Shooter Spyderco Blade possible 2nd Run..... VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spyderco Bayoushooter Blade #2 Model Options

• [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=208]Waved Endura w/full/combo serrated blade[/u

Votes: 11 15.3%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=209]Waved Delica w/plain/full/or combo edge[/ur

Votes: 11 15.3%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=472]Paramilitary 2[/url]

Votes: 22 30.6%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=19]Military[/url]

Votes: 13 18.1%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=15]Dragonfly[/url]

Votes: 1 1.4%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=18]Ladybug[/url]

Votes: 2 2.8%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=13]Rescue[/url]

Votes: 2 2.8%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=20]Native[/url]

Votes: 6 8.3%
    • [url=http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=278]Stretch[/url]

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Paramil2, fully serrated

ETA in orange

Ballsy.....

I think it would compliment the straight edge Endura beautifully.

The PM2 is a very nice size knife, and built hell for stout.

Especially your choice of color... very trendy.

I carry an Orange CRKT M16-12ZER Every day.

I think a Spidey to match would be great.

qd2w7i99shye4e27bm4t.jpg

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm in for another...matching or new model. I just want an edge on it. The BS showed up today and wouldn't pass the paper cut...had trouble with cutting hot butter. :)

Mine wouldnt cut paper worth a crap either havent tried the second I bought. Never had a factory dull spyderco before.

Eddie117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Toronto
    I perfer Paramilitary 2 with the same colours as the Bayoushooter Wave Enduras. Black coated blade with OD Green handles. Its so tactical, whats not to love about it? Plus it will be bult like a tank since it will be using a compression lock. I know because I have one with digital camo handles. I'm glad I became a member in this forum hehe :D

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Paramil2, fully serrated

ETA in orange

Ballsy.....

I think it would compliment the straight edge Endura beautifully.

The PM2 is a very nice size knife, and built hell for stout.

Why? As a visibility enhancer when you forget where you put it down?

Not being a weisenheimer, that was a serious question.

You are partially correct. Over half of the guys I work with in the office don't carry ANY sort of knife (go figure). When they need to borrow one, that is the one I let them use. That way, if I happen to get busy and forget, it's easy to spot and claim, plus I still have my primary blade.

My main knife I carry is a KaBar TDI folder
    KA-2483.jpg

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Are you guys looking at doing a defensive knife or a look good knife for the second edition ????????

The reasson I ask is because the serrations that everybody has asked for tend to become a problem in a defensive knife, I read a study by Michael Janich with Martial Blade Concepts where he looks for the "ultimate" defensive knife and IIRC what happened is that those "serrations" will hook onto your assailants clothing during a slash and slide it around across their skin with minimal, if any, real cutting getting done except at the tip there where it's a plain edge.

I know most people find it to be a great tool for cutting rope and seatbelts but apparently for cutting skin it doesnt work too good, I mean you dont see a karambit with serrations .....

Just wondering so I know if I should vote depending on the idea and purpose of the knife

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I've had knives with serrations, granted, I'm not a hardcore knife guy, but I've never really found serrations useful. I mean, really, what purpose do they serve, that a sharp, plain edge cannot accomplish?

You cannot (?) sharpen it easily. Every time I've used a serrated edge, it seems to catch or snag up on whatever I'm cutting.

Folders are great, I love having one that folds up in my pocket so I don't slice myself up, but I want something more out a knife. Fixed blades are cool too, but I have to have a sheath, or something to put it in to keep me from making fine slices and cuts all over my body if I want to keep it on me, which means I can't just put it in my pocket.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    II cannot say with any authority, but I feel reasonably certain that getting it on the cover of the next edition of Tactical Knives- as the latest/greatest Janich-approved "fighter"- was NOT one of the design criteria... ;)

Thanks for ruining my dream.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Mine wouldnt cut paper worth a crap either havent tried the second I bought. Never had a factory dull spyderco before.

Send it back this is a mistake and spyderco will stand behind their product and probably cover shipping as well if you give them a call. Mine shaved the hair off my hands..... They are cold

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Send it back this is a mistake and spyderco will stand behind their product and probably cover shipping as well if you give them a call. Mine shaved the hair off my hands..... They are cold

Well just tried the second one and it was razor sharp. Weird Just shaved my arm no problem and I put it back in the box because I wasnt planning on using that one. Im not worried about sending it back I can throw it on my 1200 grit stone and it will be razor sharp in 10 minutes as well.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Mine was very sharp...shaved hair out of the box...

The edge didn't feel as polished, or "refined", as some Spyderco's that I've had...A few passes on the strop took care of that...

Something to keep in mind, is that the saber-ground blade is a bit thicker behind the edge than some other knives, i.e. hollow ground or flat ground, and it won't be the greatest slicer, esp. with something as thin as paper....

As far as serrations, I have few tricks for making those types of edges sing...esp. the Spyderco serrations...

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I also like the native full serrated in the same color combo as the first run of bs knives

That's what I'd like to see....

Native is made in U.S.A. plus a different steel and the price point would allow for another quick seller...

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Paramilitary 2 with combo blade. And I like the colors currently on the first knife. First one to keep in the safe and never touch, and the second one to actually carry! I must be retarded because for the life of me I can't find out how the wave feature is useful at all! Maybe to long using my other blades where it's a reflex in one motion to use my thumb.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The Paramilitary is the winner right now but we have to keep in mind that we need to sell 600 or 800 of these and the paramilitary will come out to over $100 easily.

I like the idea of a matching Native or Delica with bias towards a Native.

Top Bottom