BB Guns now firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The nomenclature is incorrect but the fact is some air rifles easily shoot at 1200fps. I would consider a scumbag pointing a locked and loaded (and pumped), air pistol to my head every bit as deadly as any other "accurately" defined firearm.

The phrase "BB" gun is also very outdated from a technical aspect too. A classic Daisy Red Ryder (spring cocked lever action) BB gun (circa 1970), is hardly as lethal as some of today's modern air pistols.

The world has changed; re-defining things is part of that.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The nomenclature is incorrect but the fact is some air rifles easily shoot at 1200fps. I would consider a scumbag pointing a locked and loaded (and pumped), air pistol to my head every bit as deadly as any other "accurately" defined firearm.

The phrase "BB" gun is also very outdated from a technical aspect too. A classic Daisy Red Ryder (spring cocked lever action) BB gun (circa 1970), is hardly as lethal as some of today's modern air pistols.

The world has changed; re-defining things is part of that.

This... 100%. Air Rifles today have even been featured in survivalist magazines as alternates to firearms in some instances. I would never have dreamed I would see a "BB" gun that not only could fire upwards of 1200FPS, but cost $1200+ and even have integrated suppressors!!

The Benjamin Rogue .357 (the worlds most powerful air rifle - not sure who dubed it that) Electrically controlled, it has a muzzle velocity of 1000FPS, with a max pressure of 3000 PSI and will run you about $1,699.99. It has been credited with taking down wild bore and medium sized game for christs sake.

MYf1kNZlFWo2tC6SntjXu72MtXI9YTTwJuK8hmp0ygmIF3TPGuaeiIvs2v9-dVDDpwb6a3ncZw1a2Usv_WcU2w=w426-h240-n
    Image9.png

I'd say the "Air" gun has sealed it's place in Firearm history (and future).

Here is one of my favorites that I would never own...

The AirForce Ultimate Condor PCP Air Rifle

31rrFiwwP-L.jpg

1250 fps - $1,500 (for the .22 Cal)

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Time to start stockpiling air gun ammo before it sells out!!!

lol... don't worry... 6000 rounds at Walmart is $6. Not to mention you could probably carve a BB out of pretty much anything and fire it out of these weapons. If you put 3000 PSI behind a small round-ish piece of wood even... it's going to kill something! I mean, you wouldn't starve.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    A buddy has a BB gun that will shoot any .458 slug or ball. He can toss a 350gr lead bullet down range at almost 1000 FPS.

People have taken Cape Buffalo with these.

Top Bottom