BCG and charging handle for Palmetto upper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Palmetto Arms has their uppers on sale without BCG or charging handle for $269.95.
    Where make BCG and Charging Handle should I get and where?

Combined is this a good value?
    Thanks

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Get it from Palmetto while you are ordering. I got mine from them. Badger ordinance tac latch on a standard charging handle and a chrome RRA BCG.

Not sure which barrel and handguard is included in that deal. Depending upon what you want to do with it, it might be a great deal, it might not be.

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No real plans for this one. I have a lower with no upper.
    I looked at Palmetto and they were out of the BCG and charging handle. Below is what comes with it

16" Barrel length. Chrome moly vanadium barrel5.56 Nato Chamber
    1 in 7" twist ratechrome-lined bore, HPT/MPI Barrel
    M4 Feed ramps, F-Marked Front sight post
    A2 Flash Hider, Sling Loop
    Standard Hand Guards w/ heat sheilds Forged upper receiver T-Marks
    No logo

Get it from Palmetto while you are ordering. I got mine from them. Badger ordinance tac latch on a standard charging handle and a chrome RRA BCG.

Not sure which barrel and handguard is included in that deal. Depending upon what you want to do with it, it might be a great deal, it might not be.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and got a bcm bolt carrier and charging handle. Should be in anyday now. I went with the pinned 14.7 chf with magpul handguard.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I personally prefer the BCM Gunfighter (stupid name) handle with the Medium (I believe Mod 3) latch. I find it to be the best combination of easy/ergonomic use and reduced snagging when slung.

Thus I'd be most inclined to pick up a BCM auto BCG while I was at it. That or DD would be my top two choices anyway, so may as well save the hassle.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Im running the Rainer Arms Raptor CH and its AWESOME, if you dont mind paying its A+ for support side work. If you just want the cheap "original" version there is one on that site for like $20 as well.

I was promised the new model with Aluminum ears for T&E but we shall see if she comes in the mail this week, the price is suppose to drop quite a bit when its introduced to the market when compared to the original version. I was lucky to buy the original version in the $60 range when they were introduced they are up to $85 now but most AMBI CH's run in the $120 range. The "prototype" version had the ears as a block of metal which made it heavier and it looked "weird" all the new ones have the skeletonized 1911 hammer look.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3172

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    I personally prefer the BCM Gunfighter (stupid name) handle with the Medium (I believe Mod 3) latch. I find it to be the best combination of easy/ergonomic use and reduced snagging when slung.

Thus I'd be most inclined to pick up a BCM auto BCG while I was at it. That or DD would be my top two choices anyway, so may as well save the hassle.

I put this charging handle on my most recent build and will be adding it to my other rifles. Very easy to use with one hand but not so big that it hangs up on everything. The BCM BCG gets tons of love on arfcom but I used one from Daniel Defense because this upper is Daniel Defense.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I put this charging handle on my most recent build and will be adding it to my other rifles. Very easy to use with one hand but not so big that it hangs up on everything. The BCM BCG gets tons of love on arfcom but I used one from Daniel Defense because this upper is Daniel Defense.

Those BCGs are of essentially the same quality-- perhaps even by the same manufacturer, I don't really keep up with it. (I'm 95% that DD's are made in-house, along with every damn other thing...)

Realistically, provided the carrier is in spec, key is properly staked, interior chrome was properly applied, yadayadayada... The bolt itself is obviously the most important part-- ESPECIALLY the testing of said item. I have it on good authority that DD has the strictest testing methods of anyone out there... and on slightly-less-but-still-very-good authority that BCM is pretty thorough and strict with theirs as well.

AFAIK, both run an upgraded extractor spring with proper O-ring insert. (I know the BCM does, for a fact.)

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    Oh I know. I just wanted them to match, I'm weird like that. :exnbp:

Plus I figure if I have any issues and have to contact DD, I may get a little more help having their upper and BCG instead of a total Frankengun.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Im running the Rainer Arms Raptor CH and its AWESOME, if you dont mind paying its A+ for support side work. If you just want the cheap "original" version there is one on that site for like $20 as well.

I was promised the new model with Aluminum ears for T&E but we shall see if she comes in the mail this week, the price is suppose to drop quite a bit when its introduced to the market when compared to the original version. I was lucky to buy the original version in the $60 range when they were introduced they are up to $85 now but most AMBI CH's run in the $120 range. The "prototype" version had the ears as a block of metal which made it heavier and it looked "weird" all the new ones have the skeletonized 1911 hammer look.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3172

Wow, that thing is large. No issues catching on things?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Wow, that thing is large. No issues catching on things?

Not at all I love mine, there are way more items on a rifle that could snag things when compared to the CH. works extremely well on both sides and for those that run gloves 100% of the time it's very easy to find specially when using the palm/rack method instead of the index finger.

Glocker

Avid Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    West Monroe
    I second the BCM Gunfighter charging handle and BCM carrier. Have both on my AR, and as far as the charging handle it is night and day better than the flimsy stock ones.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I second the BCM Gunfighter charging handle and BCM carrier. Have both on my AR, and as far as the charging handle it is night and day better than the flimsy stock ones.

Yea I broke my stock PSA charging handle tryin to get a round that fired oob. Luckily Jason hooked me up with a bcm one.

Top Bottom