been waiting for a ww2 movie based on a tank crew!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Here's one off the actual trailer; :rofl:

ThePrehistoricMaster3 hours ago

Are they fighting stormtroopers?
    Reply · 4

I went back and read the comments section. I need a ball-peen hammer and some home addresses to correct some of the peoples intelligence levels in there.

seawolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    North Baton Rouge
    The tank featured is a M4A3E8 (known as the Easy 8). They reached the ETO in early 1945 (production started in March 1944). Initially only 500 were produced. It had the higher power 76mm gun, an upgraded suspension system and a wider 23 inch tread to reduce ground pressure so it didn't sink in the mud like previous versions. This was the badass big brother to the M4A1 that started the war. These units continued service into the Korean War.

So there you go. I'm the first internet guy to comment (at least on this forum) on the technical side. Now bring it on I'm ready to go see this movie.

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    Okay here goes...

Wtf is up with the recoil system on the tank at :42sec

It bugging the heck out of me lol

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Pops drove one all the way to Berlin, It was his first job.

One story that he told was they were in the middle of The Battle of The Bulge maneuvering when his lieutenant decided to open the hatch for a quick look around.

Little did they know a German had crawled up on the side of their tank and was playing dead.

The lieutenant opens the hatch and the German hits him in the mouth with a potato masher.

Knocks out the lieutenant and 2 of his teeth, Grenade rolls off to the side and explodes.

They slam the hatch shut and lock it then they radio the tank next to them to machinegun their tank.

Closest he came to being killed ?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Looks really good. Can't wait for the internet guys to say they have incorrect road wheels on a 1943 Sherman or some other bs.
    I can deal with minor technical specs being off, what I can't abide is trying to pass off a modified T-34 as a Tiger I. And yes I know that the Wehrmacht used captured T34's with German markings on them, that is not what I'm talking about. ;)

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I"m refraining from looking at it as I am one of those dudes who tears apart movies when they have the wrong stuff on uniforms and God help them if they have any equipment that is not correct...sorry, thats just me as I've studied the ETO damn near as long as I can remember. One of my nicknames in HS was "General" cause I could tell you damn near anything about the German forces of the ETO...Can't remember **** now though:(.:(

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    so..........anyone play world of tanks?

I used to, got over run by hackers though on PC.

Started playin War Thunder and never looked back. It has Planes and they are still tweaking Tanks but is WAY better imo than WoT. And i Loved WoT for a while. But it just can't compare to War Thunder (its also PC/PS4 crossplay)

Eventually they will add ships also. Give it a try, free to DL/play

Unless you play on Xbox that is. Then you are out of luck and will have to settle with the inferrior WoT

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I used to, got over run by hackers though on PC.

Started playin War Thunder and never looked back. It has Planes and they are still tweaking Tanks but is WAY better imo than WoT. And i Loved WoT for a while. But it just can't compare to War Thunder (its also PC/PS4 crossplay)

Eventually they will add ships also. Give it a try, free to DL/play

Unless you play on Xbox that is. Then you are out of luck and will have to settle with the inferrior WoT

I play on PC, a bit over 2 years. I don't have a game console. Never had problems with hackers. I know people use mods and stuff, not my bag (except historical guns and engine sound mods) , but I've never seen anything I'd consider hacking. I tried war thunder, and have it loaded on my machine, just never got into it as much.

What did you see that makes you think people are using cheats?

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    I play on PC, a bit over 2 years. I don't have a game console. Never had problems with hackers. I know people use mods and stuff, not my bag (except historical guns and engine sound mods) , but I've never seen anything I'd consider hacking. I tried war thunder, and have it loaded on my machine, just never got into it as much.

What did you see that makes you think people are using cheats?

TONs of people started using Esp boxes. Was often bombarded by SPG fire when there shouldn't have been anyone on enemy side with me detected. And get sniped from darn near across the map, not being able to see the tank it came from when looking directly at where the rounds came from(and having team mates between there and still no detection/radio rely on the enemy. They would also miss a lot but but were still able to follow me as i changed positions, which tells me they were not close enough for their targeting to work.

It might be better now, been about a little over a year since i played WoT.

I might re-try it. But i dont see myself switching back lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom