bees!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    For the past week or so, I have been noticing carpenter bees flying around my little barn, and noticing more and more. Anyone know of any CHEAP ways to get rid of these things? I see the holes they are making on the 2x4 supports that my punching bag is hanging from and I don't want it to rot out and fall lol. Any ideas? thanks, neil

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Tennis racquet style bug zapper! This is what I used at my previous apartment when I had these things on my back balcony. Not a good way to get rid of the problem, but a fun way to get rid of the frustration the problem causes while looking for a permanent solution!

HANDHELD-ELECTRONIC-BUG-ZAPPER-TENNIS-RACKET-FLYSWATTER-165182-1.jpg

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    hmm, that does look fun lol, but I need to get the female to stop digging them damn holes before my punching bag falls and the landlord want me to fix the 300 year old 2x4

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ha I wish. Father in law gave me a little poison (i think hi yield) to mix up a gallon. I will try it this afternoon if I get back early enough.

I wonder if that will work on dirt dobbers to prevent them from building those damn nests on/inside of everything?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    put mineral spirits in a spray bottle and spray the wood, and in the holes. itll keep them away for months. or you can use a brush or roller.

wear safety glasses.

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Moss Bluff
    I have a friend who tried spraying various stuff in the holes,he found out if the bee was not in the hole he/she would come back and start another hole.GOOD LUCK!

Top Bottom