Before & after spread test

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yea, I think there might be a dramatic difference, we would need to make sure the groups are 3-5in or so before processing so that there is good room to improve. I think 100 yds is far enough to get a 3-5 in group

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Would you or anyone else like to witness or do you just want me to send you some Shooting C's riddled with holes?

If you brought me the AK and the groups that would be fine. I would like to see the shots after processing so maybe we could get together after processing do some shooting and compare the two. Just want to make sure we are using the same ammo. So when you gat a chance to do the shooting let me know and I will get it in the following batch.

Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    I need to know what choke you used, and what brand of shell. I'm going to say from experince that it was an open bore choke ..cyl bore police gun. The cryo treatment took it from cyl bore to full choke in one operation. To me it looked like a stardard Winchester 9 pellets of 00 buck.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I need to know what choke you used, and what brand of shell. I'm going to say from experince that it was an open bore choke ..cyl bore police gun. The cryo treatment took it from cyl bore to full choke in one operation. To me it looked like a stardard Winchester 9 pellets of 00 buck.

LEO 870 shooting Winchester Ranger low recoil 9 pellet OO buck.
    Your observations were very good.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I just finished shooting a couple of groups at 95 yards, open sight, and I think you have a very good candidate to work with. I'll post pics later but you can look at the buck shot pictures above for a mirror image.

I'm on the way to get a red dot and shoot some more.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I just finished shooting a couple of groups at 95 yards, open sight, and I think you have a very good candidate to work with. I'll post pics later but you can look at the buck shot pictures above for a mirror image.

I'm on the way to get a red dot and shoot some more.

Good, I think the larger the groups, the easier it will be to see any improvements.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I shot 3 different brands of ammo today. 1- wolf 123 gr fmj. 2- Hot shot 123 gr fmj. & 3- Tula 122 gr fmj (Cabelas brand).

I determined which brand grouped the poorest and shot groups with that brand. In this case it was the cheapest and most abundant; the Tula 122gr. The pictures below are from 95 yards w/ open sights.

I put a red dot on the gun and sighted it in this evening, but I had to go to work and didn't have time to shoot groups, plus I think my neighbors were getting pissed. I'll shoot some more groups tomorrow and post some pictures. PEACE!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    When are you dipping the next batch? Would I be correct in assuming you will be using LN2?

I may just drop off all 3 rifles to you, if you can get them back to me by the end of October. If not I'll bring the AK and the 300 wsm

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When are you dipping the next batch? Would I be correct in assuming you will be using LN2?

I may just drop off all 3 rifles to you, if you can get them back to me by the end of October. If not I'll bring the AK and the 300 wsm

I will run the next batch pretty soon, I am hoping Saturday even if I can get 2 more paying customers. And yes I use LN2, If you want to drop off your guns here I will show you the processor and the set up. If I start the cycle Sat then the guns will be ready by Tuesday at the latest.

Top Bottom