Beginners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firearmsnovice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Bossier City
    Hey guys, im a begginning shooter, i would like to find out if there are any pistol competitions around NW Louisiana, i have a ruger 4 in bull barrel 22/45 with 5 magazines, and a glock 35 with three magazines to use along with a couple others. I am interested in almost any style!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Talk with the Clarkes in Princeton. They can let you know of any competitions on their range. If you're looking to shoot USPSA, check out their web site(USPSA.org). They can help you find matches in your area. Check on this site as thrre are some in the Alex. and Winnsboro area. There is not a lot of USPSA in NW Louisiana but there is a bunch in NE Texas. Hope this helps.

Beauxdog

firearmsnovice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Bossier City
    Thanky beauxdog, i shoot on caddo rifle and pistol as my own presonal range its worth the money instead of bodcau which can be pretty sketchy at times! I've done a couple there but havent gotten back to them thats what im trying to do now, Thanks alot!!

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Check with Louisiana Shooters Supply in Quitman (just north of Jonesboro). They were doing a .22 "3-gun" match on the 1st Saturdays. Using a .22 pistol, .22 rifle & shotgun. Talk to Jason to get current info.

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    We have an IDPA match this Sunday (9/9) starting at 0800 at the Clark's range in Princeton. Need gun, 3 mags, and holster to get started. 20.00 to shoot.

Also, we have steel challenge on 4th Sunday and a 3-gun match on the 5th Sunday in the month which that happens, ie September.

Last edited:

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    for the idpa match, does it have to be centerfire, if so, how many rounds, and does it need "concealment" last time i think they had to draw from concealment

Yes on centerfire. 100rds usually or less. I would bring concealment just in case. We usually do not use concealment in the summer months, but it is turning cooler.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    If you're in/around Shreveport the closest USPSA to you is Texarkana or Longview. We also have a club in Winnsboro, but that's a little far for you.
    Check out the IDPA, Steel Challenge, and 3 gun at Clark Custom Gun. Hwy. 80 in the Princeton community. East of Haughton.

Top Bottom