Benchmade FAIL!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Hey guys. I went to Cabela's today and purchased a Benchmade 483 Shori Nak-Lok for $200. I only handled the display model and the sales associate pulled one from their cabinet, verified it was the correct one, then I proceeded to the front to pay and leave. Well when I got home I was a bit disappointed. Let's see if you see what I saw. I'm going back tomorrow to return/exchange it.
    1124121936a.jpg1124121936d.jpg

Last edited:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Yup. Missing screw. How in the world does Q/C let something like that get by them? I was at Cabela's from about 12 to 1:30 and it was pretty crowded but not as bad as a Walmart on Black Friday :D

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I returned the Benchmade to Cabela's today and picked up two of these Case XX knives with the money spent. I always liked Case knives and have a couple as well as given a few to friends as gifts. This model is the first one I ever seen with a thumb pin and clip. Very nice knife for $99, so I picked up two. This one, and the display which was 10% off. Then add a military discount which was an additional 10% off and voila, my new pocket knife and one to my brother for Christmas.
    1125121730a.jpg1125121730.jpg

Last edited:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I've never sent my knife there for sharpening because I just do it myself. I still have and carry my first Benchmade I received during my first tour to Iraq back in 2004. It's a Mel Pardue Auto and it is an awesome knife.

When I went to Cabela's and fondled several Benchmades, I was disappointed. I wanted to exchange the Shori with the same knife, but all they had left was the display. I have no issues with getting a display, especially since it's 10% off the price, but the display model was also missing a screw and the lock release button screw was so loose that it was close completely falling out. Seems to me Benchmade is slacking whatever assembly line that model came out of.

Last edited:

cbl214

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    covington
    I have 6 different benchmade knives and i have used lifesharp on all of them at one time or another.. One i damaged the blade pretty badly and 5 dollars later i got back a blade that had been sharpened back to like when i took it out of the box the first time. I don't have any experience with any new knives i have purchased....

Top Bottom