Benchmade

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    Has anyone gone through the 2011 Benchmade catalogs? I picked up the both the Professional and Consumer versions at Sacks Outdoors in Hattiesburg in February. Benchmade has some reallly nice knives. I EDC mini griptillians, but have a few others. Anyone else partial to Benchmades?

BTW, Bowie Outfitters and Hebert Guns have a few on hand. However, Knifeworks.com (Louisiana company) has a great selection and you usually receive your order in a couple of days.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I have about twenty BenchMades from an Ares down. I have thirteen Spydercos, but aside from four Kopas and two or three others, I like the BenchMades as a bunch better. Spydercos seem gimmicky to me, but that is my very subjective judgement. There are those who swear by them.
    There is a BM forum http://benchmadeforum.com/ Lots of half-way decent discussion there.
    :squint:

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    I was a Spyderco fan in the past but moved away from them in favor of Benchmade. I always look and compare and I still like Benchmade. I just picked up a 340 Aphid and Im very pleased. Im thinking about getting a couple as gifts for my nephew and his son. I want to have them etched with something meaningful.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    When i buy a knife its usually a benchmade or kershaw but havnt bought one in awhile since I started making knives as a hobby. Benchmade is a pretty good knife and I like alot of the designs.

William Bishop

bishopcustomknives.com

lucky13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2007
    Lacombe, La.
    I have an orange handled Griptillion, great knife, but I just purchased 2 Cold Steel Pendleton Hunters, and they are awesome ! Amazingly sharp, my daughter has a Mini Pendleton Hunter, great for getting in tight spots. Just incase the crap hits the fan, I have a Cold Steel Recon Tanto, you could wack someones arm off with that dang thing !.....Cold Steel - Benchmade thats what I like !

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Spydercos seem gimmicky to me, but that is my very subjective judgement. There are those who swear by them.

I have to agree with that...I used to LOVE Spyderco...I've owned, at one time or another, several dozen different knives from them...However, I've pared myself down to just one - the Military...

For the last year or so, I've found myself turned off by the large amount of over-priced, made-in-Taiwan collaborations...I still like their classic line of work knives though - Endura, Delica, Military, etc...

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I have a Benchmade around here somewhere, but I can't carry it anymore, it's auto opening that I got while in the AF. Love that knife. Need to find it and put it up somewhere safe.

Top Bottom