Benefir AR15 Raffle Winner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    Firstly I'm not sure where you get your info about the insurance but you may want to double check your info We've been with AIG National for years. Secondly in the state of LA it's mandatory to carry at least liability insurance. However she had a brand new Dodge Nitro through Chrysler Credit and they won't approve you without FULL COVERAGE on the vehichle before you take it off the lot. Spanky if you'd like I'll give you my policy number and you can verify that this fella has his facts wrong. Yes there was the same issue at the refuge as there were here. I've told everyone that if they didn't receive their ticket numbers I'd issue a full refund or give them double tickets on the 870 their choice.

I thought all of this was taken care of yesterday! How long am I going to have everyone trying to make me out to be a scammer?

I'm going to refund everyones tickets for the 870 cancel the raffle on it and just sell it outright. There's just to much junk going on and too many people out there jumping at any chance to try to discredit me. I've apologised over and over again for the way things went down and tried my best to make everything right with everyone. Obviously to some they don't caare what i do to try to right things they just want to keep stirring the pot. The winner will receive his rifle and the longer this continues the worse it is for everyone especially myself. So to anyone on here that bought tickets for the 870 I'd like to refund your money and close the raffle. Please contact me and give me your confirmation number or other info so I can start closing it out. I don't want to have anything to do with any raffle ever again. Once my finances are back to the norm I'll buy tickets to raffles but never again will i run one.

Oh and melody will be 2 years old the day after Christmas! So yes it was a typo, thanks for bringing this to my attention so I can have it corrected on my site.

paulinmonroe

HUNT WITH A DOG AND A KID
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Monroe, LA
    Chris I have known you for a long time. I heard all about your wreck from a police officer at ULM. After talking to him and hearing what the news had to say, I would say you and your family definitely have God watching out over you! There is no way either of them should have made it out alive, much less both of them! Your daughter was STRAPPED IN (as is the law) UPSIDE DOWN UNDER WATER FOR SEVERAL MINUTES!?!!?? How horrible! ...and yet unbelievable and wonderful that she was blessed to have that man come and save her life.
    I know you have been crazy busy since the wreck (not to mention your being in the hospital right after that with the stunt you pulled). I have no doubt that you have been trying to do the best you could with the raffle. In hind site, it probably would have been better to have had someone else manage the raffle for you instead of taking it on yourself. You were a hard worker when you worked for me 6 years ago, and I am sure that has not changed now. You probably felt like you could handle it yourself. I think superman would have had a problem taking on everything you have had to endure the past couple of months!
    Hopefully everything has turned the corner now and is heading in the right direction. One good thing, hospitals will work with you to set up a payment plan that you can live with. They know that if they don't, many people declare bankruptcy and they lose everything.
    I am sure the guy in TX who won the rifle will enjoy it. I think that if everyone else that did not win will say a prayer and remember why they bought the ticket in the first place, or at least why they SHOULD have bought it, they will be OK with someone else winning.

Now let's get back to going out to the range so we can get ready for those little rockets that are going to be buzzing by us on Sept 6 and the slightly larger, but probably even faster ones the following week! :-)

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    TFK, this never was cleared. Some people just chose to ignore it and move on. Others are just wanting to see some proof of the change of ownership. Why would the new owner be so against revealing himself? What is the harm in telling us the FFL used on the sending or receiving end for us to verify for ourselves?

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    As a former Detective, current claims adjuster and P.I. it is possible for facts sometimes to rear their ugly head in such a way and line up that we get tunnel vision. Then we listen to other opinions who add fuel to the fire and may make it a tad worse. What if our own little girl had been sick, we have medical provider bill collectors breathing down our throats, we did make some typos, did some **** poor organizational paperwork, do we still have the right to ruin a man's reputation, hey my family did buy several tickets, I have a non-curable life threatening disease and I am willing to give Chris the benefit of the doubt, I have seen it with too many of my own investigations where I had already had my mind made up and then had to suck up and ask for the person's forgiveness, especially as DNA analysis came into the picture, I know there are some facts that are questionable, but there are some facts that he can explain as well??

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I agree and I've discussed this with TFK in PM's. There will be a bit more vetting in the future to ensure that the raffles are held in a more open manner, but we tend to lose sight on what this raffle was for. I have more information showing that it wasn't managed as well as it could have been versus it being a scam. To me, that answers my questions. I welcome TFK in future raffles (after we've approved it) and welcome his response to my PMs. At this time, I am going to close this thread. Should you wish to discuss this further, please PM TFK and discuss directly with him. This is not to silence anyone. Rather, it is so we can move on. The biggest question that I've seen is whether there was a raffle or not. Did you donate or gamble? To me, I am happy enough with the donation but the gamble would have been nice to win. To others, they entered for the gamble, and there is nothing wrong with that. Let's just move on from this. Should there be any remarkable changes in the status of raffle-gate (sorry, had to do it), please PM me so we can discuss.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom