Benelli SBE2 vs. Benelli Super Vinci vs. Beretta Extrema 2 vs. Remington Versa Max

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Hunted a Super Nova for a while and love it. But the Super Vinci will be my next one. Just love the way it feels and looks. Cant really go wrong with any of those listed though.

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    i dont have any experience with the others but I can vouch for the sbe2, I have a friend that has one and hunts HARD with it and the things I have seen him do with this gun I wouldnt trust any other to go through besides my saiga 12. Like use it as a walking stick through the swamp while we scout/ jump ducks. I mean reciver deep in water/mud and still be able to fire without a single malfunction. Wouldnt have belived it unless i saw it.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Stay away from the versa max. Otherwise go to a store that has both the SBE 2 and the SV and shoulder them. Really get your hands on them and see which one you like better. They are both great shotguns that will take a beating and last.

The only thing that one would have over the other is that the Vinci is awesome to take down for cleaning. It's three parts- barrel, receiver/forearm and butt stock.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Ive hunted with my Xtrema 2 for a few years now without a hiccup.
    As for as the SBE all I can say is that I have an uncle that duck hunts EVERYDAY of the season and shoots about 50/50 3"/3.5" shells. He hunted with a SBE for several years with no major problems that I am awary of, but switched to a Xtrema 2 a couple years back and his SBE has been collecting dust ever since.

All together in our family we have 9 Xtrema, Xtrema2 and Xtrema 400s.
    Of these two problems arose.
    1 one was shooting dirty Estate shells and had some issues.
    2 the choke was loose in the barrel for some time and eventually the choke cracked.

Last edited:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    My dad has the new A400 Extreme by Beretta and it has been great so far. The Benelli's and the Beretta's in that price range are all top notch and they will both function well for years. They both have their advantages- Beretta kicks less and will function if a little dirty, on the other hand the gas system is inherently dirty and will require more cleaning than the Benelli's. Benelli's are inertia operated which means they run cleaner they are also easy to clean. They do kick more though and can jam if neglected.

TL;DR - They are both good options :D

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Remington VersaMax I've seen it work with ALL Shells to include 8's & 9's Low Brass for Clay shooting.

It also is very easy on the shoulder for a 12 Ga. I was impressed by it.

The others are great guns too. If you like them all that much simply draw one from a jar ;)

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    All I hunt with is a sbe 2 and love it, but my buddy hunts right next to me with a beretta and kills just as many ducks with
    Out a problem. I think the beretta points better. Go to a store and point them. Get the one that is most comfortable. U
    Won't be disappointed with either one.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    The only thing that one would have over the other is that the Vinci is awesome to take down for cleaning. It's three parts- barrel, receiver/forearm and butt stock.

I just cleaned my Vinci today, and it is extremely simple to give the action a thorough cleaning. Amazing design.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I have the beretta extrema 2 and the SBE2. The beretta is lighter on the recoil but I always envup reaching for the SBE2. I like the ergonomics of it better. Both are great guns.

The versa max interests me for a duck gun because of its alloy receiver. I don't duck hunt heavy, so it wouldn't be a big issue for me. I assume that if you shot it a ton it might wear faster.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Remington VersaMax I've seen it work with ALL Shells to include 8's & 9's Low Brass for Clay shooting.

It also is very easy on the shoulder for a 12 Ga. I was impressed by it.

The others are great guns too. If you like them all that much simply draw one from a jar ;)

I'm glad to hear the versa max got better with time. The first few batches were riddled with problems. Most notably was the tendency for the firing pin to stick. I would have liked to see it run through a few rounds before sending it back though.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I have an xtrema 2 and like it. I recently shot a browning maxus and really like the way it points and the weight of the gun. It is on my short list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I have an xtrema 2 and like it. I recently shot a browning maxus and really like the way it points and the weight of the gun. It is on my short list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love my Maxus. Points like a SBE but has the reliability of a gas system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom