Benny's Oil Change, half off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't usually go there, but my wife is headed out of town this weekend and I noticed late that her oil life was a little too close to shot to send her off on a trip to Arkansas. So I checked their website for coupons or deals, and low and behold, the Gonzales location has 50% off oil changes for the entire month of May. Just went at lunch, and there was no line at all. OTD was about $60 for synthetic with extra oil and filter upcharge (because why? who knows). Anyway, seems like a decent deal if you are in that area.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I received a reply about this from La26 - reposing here for other's information, as he was having issues replying to my thread. Thanks to him for letting me know.

I saw your post on 50% off oil change. For some reason I wasn't able to reply. The reason there is an upcharge for oil filters is, when using synthetic oil, the drain interval is longer than if you use conventional oil, so you need to use a higher rated oil filter. Usually the filter has a better grade filter element that is more durable. Believe me, a better filter is really worth the extra couple dollars. You don't want a lesser filter to allow crap to pass through that will cause excessive wear on your engine components. The cheap filters only have a paper element that traps the grit and gunk in your engine. I use NAPA filters in my personal vehicles, usually the NAPA Platinum that is designed for synthetic oil use. They cost about $23 each just for the filter.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom