Beretta 70s trigger question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokeless

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    New Orleans
    I recently purchased a Beretta 70s from an estate sale. The gun has moderate to above-average amount of holster wear but after breaking down the gun it looks like it was hardly fired. Anyway, I took it to the range a couple of weeks ago and it had a pretty stiff trigger but my friend and I were getting pretty tight groups. Here's the problem, after I took it to the range I broke it down, including taking the grips off, cleaned it, oiled it, and reassembled it. Now the trigger has a creaky spring feel to it. I think that either I need to use a thicker lubricant for the gun's internals or the gun needs to be shot some more. What do y'all think? I have a friend who's willing to work the trigger for me but I would like to see if I have other options. TIA

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'll have to go drag mine out and see. I honestly don't remember it being a whole lot one way or another. You're right about it being accurate. Mine always has been. It's been through hell too! It was in with the gunsmith at Precision or whatever it was back then when it caught on fire 20+ years ago. The grips melted off along with the finish, but they made it right by the insurance and I eventually got it back. I then *loaned* it to my sister for about 15 years and just got it back recently by trading her a beater S&W X59. Almost all the bluing was gone and it actually had red east Texas dirt inside the gun. Since I knew the finish wasn't original anyway, I went ahead and did a redneck restoration with cold-bluing and put it away.

Smokeless

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    New Orleans
    Congratulations on your reacquisition! It's great .380 gun. Maybe I should rephrase this question as, "What can I do for an old gun to get a smooth trigger." I have a friend at work who says I just need to shoot it more. I think maybe he's right.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom