Beretta 90two

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Always wanted a Beretta 92FS for a range gun, but it seems the 90two has a few upgrades. I like the trimmer grip and replaceable front sight. The recoil buffer seems like a good idea, and I've read that the trigger is improved...ie smoother not as long. I havent found one to shoot, but have tried the 92fs. Anyone have any experience with the 90two? Any cons to the added recoil buffer? Stick with orig design or go with the new one? Searched the web but havent come up with too much info. Just thought I'd try here. Thanks

merlin661

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had brief hands on with a 90two a year ago. And with 5 years in the Marine Corps a ton of experience with the M9 aka 92fs. From a performance stand point I say both guns are pretty much identical.
    The 90two has better ergonomics and just feels better in your hand plus the advantage or disadvantage of a rail depending on your point of view. The 92fs has been around forever so there is tons of accessories you can get, while there are almost none you can find for the 90two. If I were you I would look at the 92A1 it is the best of both the 90two and 92fs.

muaddib721

LA. CHP Instructor #530
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Orleans, LA.
    I own both.... great guns. I've owned a 92FS for over 20 years and purchased the .40 90-Two when it first came out. If you practice enough with either model you will be making smiley faces just like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. Very accurate guns. Anyone that says otherwise just didn't spend enough time shooting.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I have two 92A1s, two M9A1s, and I previously owned two 90-Twos. I tried to like the 90-Two, but the grip really sucks. I ended up selling the 90-Two each time. I couldn't like the gun because of the grip.

There are NO aftermarket grips, and the factory grip is just too slippery. That's the biggest complaint ya see over and over about the 90-Two.

Also, while the 1 piece polymer grip is replaceable with a "thin" grip to make it look like a Beretta Vertec grip - good luck on actually finding the "thin" grip. There are guys at the Beretta Forum who have looked for months. No one seems to have them in stock, and they have been out of stock for months at most places, if not longer.

I'd suggest getting the 92A1. It has the updated features of the 90-Two, but it has the regular 92FS grip. So, ANY 92 grips will fit the gun. Also, the 92A1 comes with THREE 17 round mags.

Be aware that even if you buy a regular 92FS, though - you can use 17 round mags in any Beretta 92 9mm variant. And, you can use 15 round mags in the 90-Two or 92A1.

92A1:
    92a1-02.jpg

M9A1:
    M9A1-9001.jpg

90-Two:
    90-two-902-1.jpg

Top Bottom