Beretta jumping into "Black Rifle" market

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Wow. Lotta gun hate for a gun forum.

Not saying its the new gotta have rifle, but I'm giving beretta points for not producing yet another AR and the ambi options on the rifle, along with the ability to change barrels with no tools.
    Truth be known, I'd like to see more bullpup designs.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I worked in Afghanistan with some Italian Naval SOF. They had the new rifle. The best feature of it was that it was designed from the start to have a 12.5" Barrel. They also had Colt Canada M4s and it seemed like the Berreta Rifles only came out when their brass or Italian Media Cane around.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I like all those new features like quick change barrels and stuff, but honestly who cares.

Most of the **** they're developing for good, new age rifles are battlefield relevant. Quick change barrels are for machine guns. Seriously how long has there been quick change barrels used? 1920s? 1930s? If it was absolutely needed, it would have been demanded before now. It's not new tech. It's just... not needed. If you have a barrel that's good for 75,000 rounds... who cares if it's quick change. P.M. would have you replacing it long before it's necessary. On top of that, ain't none of us even should be giving a **** about it because 99.9% won't ever pass up 15,000 rounds on that rifle. If you want if for novelty, have at it, but novelty is where you /don't/ start comparing it to other guns.

As for the battlefield squabbles; my experience on gun forums seems to point toward the arguments about the best battlefield gun being made by people who've never been on one, and many times never trained for it. So I decidedly don't bother discussing it.

Maybe I'm just getting apathetic but I have absolutely no desire to chase the latest/greatest, no desire to split hairs over minuscule differences in rifle design elements... I just want to buy something good enough for the role, that's reliable, and be done, and just get shooting. I guess I'm jaded. I used to be into that ****. Used to argue about that ****. Now I"m like... **** it, ain't broke don't fix it.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I like all those new features like quick change barrels and stuff, but honestly who cares.

Most of the **** they're developing for good, new age rifles are battlefield relevant. Quick change barrels are for machine guns. Seriously how long has there been quick change barrels used? 1920s? 1930s? If it was absolutely needed, it would have been demanded before now. It's not new tech. It's just... not needed. If you have a barrel that's good for 75,000 rounds... who cares if it's quick change. P.M. would have you replacing it long before it's necessary. On top of that, ain't none of us even should be giving a **** about it because 99.9% won't ever pass up 15,000 rounds on that rifle. If you want if for novelty, have at it, but novelty is where you /don't/ start comparing it to other guns.

As for the battlefield squabbles; my experience on gun forums seems to point toward the arguments about the best battlefield gun being made by people who've never been on one, and many times never trained for it. So I decidedly don't bother discussing it.

Maybe I'm just getting apathetic but I have absolutely no desire to chase the latest/greatest, no desire to split hairs over minuscule differences in rifle design elements... I just want to buy something good enough for the role, that's reliable, and be done, and just get shooting. I guess I'm jaded. I used to be into that ****. Used to argue about that ****. Now I"m like... **** it, ain't broke don't fix it.

Ding Ding.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Lol, at least you don't mind giving your opinion. That's what matters.
    I don't think the barrel swap capability would make a difference on a battlefield. I'm not even considering battlefield application. But i dont think just inside a battlefield combat box when it comes to a rifle. And while I do consider the self defense application of some of the firearms I purchase, my opinion of a firearm is rarely, if ever, limited to how it will function on the battlefield. I like to shoot. And if I can swap from 5.56 to 300 in a flash, I think that's pretty handy.

Last edited:

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    While swapping out the barrels is interesting, if this Beretta retails near the MSRP, I'd be much more interested in the Tavor. Maneuverability of a SBR with no stamp and the advantages of a regular length rifle.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    drool

jvfndoyzj39rncx5oq3n.jpg

/drool
    gas piston driven too. Nice

Top Bottom