Beretta Neos U22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stubbornox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I have have Beretta Neos 22 4.5inch barrel pistol. About four range trips ago the gun hung up. The round chambered and the striker hit the round but the round did not go off. I tried to rack the slide but was unable to. It would slide back maybe 1/4 inch but thats all. I eventually had to break the gun down and remove the barrel to get the round out of the chamber. Mind you this gun is not designed to be broken down with the slide in battery. I chaulked this up to a dirty gun and kept shooting. Maybe 50-100 rounds later same problem. So I went home and cleaned the gun and waited for the next trip. The second trip same thing gun jams up the exact same way. Beretta has a firing pin recall on this gun so I sent it to them for that and while they had it they looked the gun to see if they could find the problem. They ran 30 rounds and could not find problem. I received the gun back put 200 rounds and it does it again. Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this?

Thanks

TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    how many rounds has it been fired? Have not seen that yet with my neos, but it is only up to about 700 rounds. I had the same problem with S&W 22A-1, and when cleaning the second time after the problem showed up, I pulled out a new recoil spring and it was noticably longer than the one I had in the gun ( a little over an inch more iirc). Anyway, replaced the recoil spring and it has been shooting fine since. The old spring had about 2500-3000 rounds (at least) on it.

Like smith625 says though, bargain basement rimfire ammo is inconsistent at best, and downright unreliable at worst!

Top Bottom