Berreta Cx4 Storm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch26

Squatch
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Geismar
    Thoughts on this gun from anyone who owns it or shot it before? I like it, but not sure if I would be better off buying a $600-700 AR to have fun with at the range which was my original plan.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Are you wanting a rifle to bring to the indoor range?

The Cx4 is basically a really long pistol (which some could argue about the AR platform as well). Personally, if you're wanting a handgun caliber rifle, and you want an "AR" style, there are much better options that allow for the same "look" and feel as an actual AR and would feed the "black rifle" need. The Cx4 is a nice weapon, however once you start looking at accessories, you're more than likely going to wish you purchased the AR platform.

For that matter, you could kill two birds with one stone and purchase an AR lower and a handgun caliber upper. Then just purchase a 5.56 caliber upper for the outdoor range.

Rock River Arms makes a 9mm AR, Justright makes a carbine in multiple calibers, Olymipc Arms has one chambered in 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, 10mm... there are a bunch out there.

For example... here is my very expensive, heavily "upgraded" S&W M&P 15-22...

07909db9069e90c84c336f6cac408e90.jpg

The fever is very contagious... on the other hand... purchasing the Cx4 and not the AR platform would definitely be a way to save money!!!!

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Thoughts on this gun from anyone who owns it or shot it before? I like it, but not sure if I would be better off buying a $600-700 AR to have fun with at the range which was my original plan.

I've got a storm, a hi point carbine, an AR pistol, and a colt AR.

The first 3 are "range toys" with some arguable defensive uses. The AR is not "a toy" but is a different bag of fun at the range. Depends what you're after. I tell anyone with a couple hundred bucks to pickup a hp carbine, its possibly the "funnest" gun I own, and the cheapest as well. The exp-556 pistol is hilarious good fun at the range. The pop and fireball draws a crowd every time, and it looks badass to pull out of the safe/range box. Excellent conversation/range gun.

For anything beyond good times, I'll default to the true AR.

Sasquatch26

Squatch
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Geismar
    Thanks guys for the input, like I said, it's going to be a range toy at best, have plenty of home-defense guns. I'll definitley look at the hi-point carbine, thanks for the advice. Kingfhb, sounds like me with my 15-22, mine is pretty maxxed out on accessories also but I think I did that when I put a laser and hologram sight on it. That's probably the funnest range toy to date I have, also if nutria's or snakes every try to take over my neighborhood. LOL

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I haven't played with one, but don't discount the Sub-2k from Kel-tec. I've read good reviews on them, and they take Glock mags, which should also work with the only pistols you need to own :flamed:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I haven't played with one, but don't discount the Sub-2k from Kel-tec. I've read good reviews on them, and they take Glock mags, which should also work with the only pistols you need to own :flamed:

haven't tried but its very high on my "want" list as well! Dad owns one and loves this gun.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I built a 9mm AR pistol and own one of the RRA 9mm carbines I prefer the Modularity of the AR platform, the Lowers that take glock mags are really really the **** DDLes first choice. I like the Beretta's but its hard to beat a 9mm AR.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Since we're discussing pistol caliber rifles... I have the Justright Carbine 9mm. Take Glock Mags, has taken every AR accessory (other than charging handles), furniture, handguard system, etc. that I've tried. The only recommendation I would make right out of the box is putting a 9mm flash hider on the THREADED barrel. Ambidextrous design.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If you have a Beretta PX4 Pistol or a 92 (and magazines) then the carbine is a good addition to your arsenal because it can use either of those mags with a simple adapter replacement on the magwell. Now as a stand alone carbine, I find that mine feels heavier than AR based 9mm carbines.

I've also owned the hi-pernt version with an ATI stock and its weakness seems to stem from the quality and maintenance of its magazines. It just was not reliable enough for me to keep and a total pain in the ass to clean so I traded it off.

I own the Keltec version that takes Beretta 92 Mags and while it has not given me any problems I do not shoot it much. Its construction does not inspire much confidence and I don't regard it as much more than a toy. The only reason I keep it is because I like the fact that it will fold up and fit in a large laptop case.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    I own a CX4 and I LOVE it. Probably the most ergonomic and well-balanced gun I've ever shot, very accurate, looks awesome, and very fun to shoot.

I've never ran hollow-points through it but if it had no problem feeding them I think it would make a great home defense gun as well.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I have one and I'm forgainst it.

It's lightweight, ergonomic, intuitive to operate, has been 100% reliable to this point, it's relatively quiet and It is fun to wield.

The bad? The trigger is without question the worst trigger on any firearm I own. The safety requires more force than my wife or kids can muster in a ready position without repositioning hands. The sights are meh, it is not an "accurate" gun because of the 15# trigger pull and short sight radius.

15# may be a slight exaggeration, but look up how the trigger works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I love my Hi Point carbine. It is with my mother now, I am going buy another just to have one with me to shoot whenever, and they're cheap

I did the same. Literally have 3 at this point. Everyone owner I ever met says its one of their favorites. For what its worth, if you're sold on the berettas looks you can buy the Storm stock for the Hi point.

Last edited:

bfromla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    If u have matching pistol is a great pairing same mag fits pistol & long gun, have a blast with my sub2000&glock19ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410669260.466896.jpg mix my range up & 9mm will tag 100yd target,not much damage but tag just same, best part i carry both on my motorcycle to range ez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom