Best Burger In Baton Rouge!!! And the Winner Is.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I can't believe I'm the only person who has had the Smokehouse Burger at Pimanyoli's...no one else has tried it..?

On second thought , it's terrible, don't go there the burgers are much better at Mason's...everyone go there and wait in line.
    The long wait is what has kept us from going there more, used to go all the time and agonize over brunch or burger, they make some killer egg's benedict and with thier potatoes...ummmm good. Now on Sunday morning, you can't get near the place. I have discovered a better breakfast but I'm not telling anybody about it because I don't want to stand in no line.

Gary

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I tried Fat Cow this afternoon.
    I was very disappointed. The fries were good, but the meat
    on the burger was not. I ordered it medium rare, but is was more like
    medium grey. I hope it was just a bad day.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I can't believe I'm the only person who has had the Smokehouse Burger at Pimanyoli's...no one else has tried it..?

On second thought , it's terrible, don't go there the burgers are much better at Mason's...everyone go there and wait in line.
    The long wait is what has kept us from going there more, used to go all the time and agonize over brunch or burger, they make some killer egg's benedict and with thier potatoes...ummmm good. Now on Sunday morning, you can't get near the place. I have discovered a better breakfast but I'm not telling anybody about it because I don't want to stand in no line.

Gary

Pimanyoli's is excellent. But when I go there, I can never pass up the BBLTA (bacon, brisket, lettuce, tomatoe, apple) sandwich.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville

Gary

I use to live across from the Pimanyoli's on Airline. I loved the food but received just awful service three times in a row and decided never again.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Mason's is correct. The Cajun Shrimp Burger is beyond being a burger. Simply Awesomeness on a bun.

You can call ahead to get a table. It helps, but yes, it's amazing how many people show up there.

As far as the servers, I've had nothing but good service from the people there.

Jasmine's on the Bayou is great, but I don't usually go for the burger there (it's good though), the Rocket Shrimp are awesome.

Fat Cow is good and so is Burgersmith..... None have a burger as good as Masons.

+1 on Mason's Cajun Shrimp Burger. It's a hammer.

IIRC, it won an award for "America's Best Burger" a couple of years ago on one of the food channels....

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    +1 for Masons

Something I've never seen mentioned in a burger thread here..On a bit of a whim a while back I got the "bistro burger" from Cheesecake Bistro and really liked it. Interesting flavor combination. But, I've gotten it a few times since, and at least one time it was noticeably not as good. Something on it (I think the andouille) had a burnt taste.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Yeah five guys is a good fast burger. I like their seasoned fries better than their regular ones. I usually go with buddies after we go for a long run or go biking. Bacon cheese with most of the toppings :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I might like it if I could ever remember to not get a cheese burger, since the cheese is my main issue with them.

Wife loves them though.

Next month I'm giving Mason's a shot, we'll be in the BR area.

espresso

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Dutchtown La.
    Never been in Mason's but went there Sat after reading about it here. Got a BBQ burger-- pulled pork, a few jalapeno peppers,& cheese on top of perfectly cooked hamburger patty. Outstanding! Could be the best HB I've ever had in BR.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384804106045.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1384804106045.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 65

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Never been in Mason's but went there Sat after reading about it here. Got a BBQ burger-- pulled pork, a few jalapeno peppers,& cheese on top of perfectly cooked hamburger patty. Outstanding! Could be the best HB I've ever had in BR.

Oh boy. I might just have to try that place out tomorrow...

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I use to live across from the Pimanyoli's on Airline. I loved the food but received just awful service three times in a row and decided never again.
    I've never gotten "bad" service...but even if I did I would just have to endure it for that Smokehouse burger and the the pulled pork with coleslaw ... it is that good. But to each his own.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Once you add pulled pork, shrimp, fish, other meats, etc. it is no longer a hamburger.

ham·burg·er (hmbûrgr) also ham·burg (-bûrg)
    n.
    a. Ground meat, usually beef.
    b. A patty of such meat.
    2. A sandwich made with a patty of ground meat usually in a roll or bun.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom