best ccw class in baton rouge area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    i might have someone to send. this person needs a real class though. not someone just interested in collecting fees. how much for the class and permit these days?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    JBP55 or Allan (geauxshooting)

State Police Fee is $125, Notary Fees are usually $20, Fingerprints $10ish, class between $80 to $130 depending on where you go and what they include for the fee.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I took two new shooters to Alan's class at Geaux Shootin and they got a lot out of it. Alan took time after the qualification shooting (AFTER the class was over and complete)to work with students with different shooting techniques and let them shoot different guns that he had to see what they liked...

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    i might have someone to send. this person needs a real class though. not someone just interested in collecting fees. how much for the class and permit these days?

The only person I trust is Estrada Tactical, owner of post #2. Yeah, its quite a drive to Henderson, but trust me, its well worth the money and trip.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The only person I trust is Estrada Tactical, owner of post #2. Yeah, its quite a drive to Henderson, but trust me, its well worth the money and trip.

Thanks Dave, but there are other very qualified Instructors in the State, and we tend to work in areas and this one is not mine :)

THe ones that I recommended before would be my choice if I was in that area.

Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm about to take the class at Geaux Shootin next Saturday. I'll let yall know how it goes but I'm already liking it based on their availability and customer response time.

I called Precision and their next class with an opening is late June. Then I called Gordon Hutchinson and his next open class was in mid June. I emailed Geaux Shootin and they responded in 20 minutes and said the next class is next Saturday and it's open. :)

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I'm about to take the class at Geaux Shootin next Saturday. I'll let yall know how it goes but I'm already liking it based on their availability and customer response time.

I called Precision and their next class with an opening is late June. Then I called Gordon Hutchinson and his next open class was in mid June. I emailed Geaux Shootin and they responded in 20 minutes and said the next class is next Saturday and it's open. :)
    I'll be there as well. I'm going to buy a ruger sr9c gun this weekend and will not get to the range before the class so I'm hesitant to use it for the first time for the qualification. I plan on cleaning it and working the slide and all before then. I might just use my 357 with .38 ammo, but I was told today by a friend that if I qualify with a revolver then I will have to augment my ccw with a semi-auto qualification. True? See ya there.

Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not sure about that... I'm only bringing a semi-auto. I think I remember hearing something about needing to be certified on revolvers and pistols but I don't remember the exact details.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Took a requal with Alan at Geauxshootin recently. It was a good class. We talked about some things that I hadn't thought about before. Looking forward to when he gets his range opened.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Also, I took Alan's (Geaux Shootin) class last year with my wife and in-laws. Great class and learned a ton. We had a small group so he was able to spend a lot of time on the shooting portion working with us individually on our technique.

Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'll be there as well. I'm going to buy a ruger sr9c gun this weekend and will not get to the range before the class so I'm hesitant to use it for the first time for the qualification. I plan on cleaning it and working the slide and all before then. I might just use my 357 with .38 ammo, but I was told today by a friend that if I qualify with a revolver then I will have to augment my ccw with a semi-auto qualification. True? See ya there.

See you there!

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I took a class taught by Phillip Bracato. Very low key, but very professional. I enjoyed the class
    and learned numerous things that I didn't know.
    Bret

Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I took Alan's class Saturday and it was awesome. He's a great guy and took a lot of individual time with everyone to work on technique. When it comes time to renew i will definitely use him and I can't wait for Geaux Shootin to open!

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I was told today by a friend that if I qualify with a revolver then I will have to augment my ccw with a semi-auto qualification. True? See ya there.

Not true. You do not have to shoot with the gun you plan on carrying. You can qualify with a .22 pistol if you want.

Top Bottom