Best DA/SA Concealed Compact 9mm??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    You really want to find a way to try them out before you invest. Some people like thinner but larger guns like the P01 (with thin grips), where the P30SK is smaller but thicker. Everyone's body is different and different things works for different people.
    Yes. I think I’ve come to this conclusion also. I read reviews, wrote down specs, YouTubed videos, did a shat load of research. I came up with about 6 possibilities.

The problem I am encountering now is that I don’t really know how it feels and how it will feel on my waist. I did a lot of picture and data comparison on handgunhero, the Sig365 is about 5.8” long and then most of the others are 6.6”-7.15” long. I am not for sure I will like the smallness of the Sig365 but not for sure how a 6.6”-7.15” will feel in my waist??

So yes….you are right. I need to find some and get the feel for what I like.

Prob will drop by Precision and see what they have to rent- I think the next gun show at Lamar is early December??

I do have to say that amongst all the data, I think it’s between the H/K p30sk and the CZ P-07. Although that Lionheart Regulus looked very intriguing.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    If you're happening through Mandeville/Covington any time soon I've got a P-01, P-07 and VP9 (same size as the P30) with holsters that you can try on. Shoot me a PM if you're headed over this way.

My personal pick would be a P-01 or PCR by a landslide.

Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    If you're happening through Mandeville/Covington any time soon I've got a P-01, P-07 and VP9 (same size as the P30) with holsters that you can try on. Shoot me a PM if you're headed over this way.

My personal pick would be a P-01 or PCR by a landslide.
    Very nice of you sir- I may do that one day.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Yes. I think I’ve come to this conclusion also. I read reviews, wrote down specs, YouTubed videos, did a shat load of research. I came up with about 6 possibilities.

The problem I am encountering now is that I don’t really know how it feels and how it will feel on my waist. I did a lot of picture and data comparison on handgunhero, the Sig365 is about 5.8” long and then most of the others are 6.6”-7.15” long. I am not for sure I will like the smallness of the Sig365 but not for sure how a 6.6”-7.15” will feel in my waist??

So yes….you are right. I need to find some and get the feel for what I like.

Prob will drop by Precision and see what they have to rent- I think the next gun show at Lamar is early December??

I do have to say that amongst all the data, I think it’s between the H/K p30sk and the CZ P-07. Although that Lionheart Regulus looked very intriguing.
    Keep in mind that not all stats on handgun hero will apply equally. A P-01 that's listed at 1.4" thick is 1.4" at the palm swell of the stock grips. With thin aftermarket grip it's 1.1-1.2". Other guns wouldn't have the option to go thinner.
    When it comes to dimension, for most people the grip length and width is the most important one. For slide, anything shorter than 4" barrel usually don't provide additional benefits for AIWB. Shorter guns with thick grip can actually print more with bad holsters due to the lack of leverage pulling the grip in.
    I've carried P01, P07, and Rami (pretty similar to p30sk) and P01 worked the best for me. P07 have pretty thin grips but thicker slide had a minor effect on comfort and bulge my belt more. Rami needed a wedge and wing that ended up being just as bulky as a bigger gun. But this is just how my own body works, YMMV.

Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    Keep in mind that not all stats on handgun hero will apply equally. A P-01 that's listed at 1.4" thick is 1.4" at the palm swell of the stock grips. With thin aftermarket grip it's 1.1-1.2". Other guns wouldn't have the option to go thinner.
    When it comes to dimension, for most people the grip length and width is the most important one. For slide, anything shorter than 4" barrel usually don't provide additional benefits for AIWB. Shorter guns with thick grip can actually print more with bad holsters due to the lack of leverage pulling the grip in.
    I've carried P01, P07, and Rami (pretty similar to p30sk) and P01 worked the best for me. P07 have pretty thin grips but thicker slide had a minor effect on comfort and bulge my belt more. Rami needed a wedge and wing that ended up being just as bulky as a bigger gun. But this is just how my own body works, YMMV.
    Great info. Thx.

sgtdymbovann11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2021
    US
    What do you think would be a good concealed carry compact 9mm handgun with DA/SA?

Yes, I realized it has alot to do with preference and what you shoot the best but what is your experience- your opinion??
    I had a sigpro 2009 when I started my career in LE. I was not crazy about the trigger pull due to 10lbs in DA then 5lbs in SA. But as I got used to it I did like it and I carried it conceled when I was off duty .
    Just got to get used to decocking the weapon

LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    For current offerings, look at the new S&W CSX even though it is single action.

1661358356852.png

Top Bottom