Best Feeder Timer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I'm building a deer/hog feeder and am interested in hearing what you guys think is the best feeder timer...

I've used Moultrie, On-Time, and others but they've all been junk.

What has worked for you and why?

10shotgroup

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Denham Springs
    We use HCR, http://www.hcrelectronics.com/.

They are out of Texas and I not sure if they have a dealer locally. The Ace hardware near our ranch sells and also repairs them( usually free or charge).

Some of ours are 10+ years old. We used to feed year round when corn was cheap. So they hold up well.

Also I'm sure any 10 year old could operate it. No directions needed.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Which on time, I have 3 on time elites, without any issues.

I have On-Time Lifetime analog timers.
    They are fine as long as you never bump them or physically jar them. The timer part is the same piece of plastic junk that is used in those cheap clocks that you stick a AA in.

Please give a detailed explanation of how long you've used yours and under what conditions.

Thanks!

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    there is a guy in br that makes some they are dump feeders so they don't make all the noise. they also don't have plastic slingers for the squirels to eat. he was advertising them on louisianasportsman but i haven't looked on there in awhile might check them out from those that i have talked to that use them say they are very good units.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    How long have you used them and under what conditions.

I started with 2 of these about 6 years ago and have added 1 or two a year. My newest is about 3 years old. I start feeding every year in mid October and feed through January. Set to feed twice a day. They work on two 9V batteries. Batteries last about 3 months. These are very small feeders and are fully digital timers. They are not bothered by a bump or jar like the OnTime analog feeders with AA batteries. I have had to have two of these repaired (noisy motors) Fixed free of charge. I dropped them off at the factory because I hunt only 40 miles from there. They fixed them while I waited. Other than that small issue, they work flawlessly.
    Understand that ANY electronics exposed to weather like a deer feeder is have some failures.

Walrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Slidell
    there is a guy in br that makes some they are dump feeders so they don't make all the noise. they also don't have plastic slingers for the squirels to eat. he was advertising them on louisianasportsman but i haven't looked on there in awhile might check them out from those that i have talked to that use them say they are very good units.

That guy in Baton Rouge is my Dad.

here's the site.

http://www.pennco.com

he's been 'inventing' feeders since before I can remember.. Just got thru with a prototype that will feed rice-bran... weird looking contraption.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom