Best firearm customer service??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just ordered a few magazines from hi-Point and mentioned in the notes I bought the gun used and didn't have the tool to help take it apart. They sent me three of the tools in my order! I know it's a small gesture, but it's such a great example of customer service. I was just wondering what's everyone's best customer service experience?

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    that's pretty cool. I just got a red dot from Aimsurplus and had a problem with the battery cap.........they told me to contact the manufacture, just didn't sit right with me. If I sell someone (especially someone who has spent as much money there as me) I would be breaking my back to help them... not just say contact vortex ... :(

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    that's pretty cool. I just got a red dot from Aimsurplus and had a problem with the battery cap.........they told me to contact the manufacture, just didn't sit right with me. If I sell someone (especially someone who has spent as much money there as me) I would be breaking my back to help them... not just say contact vortex ... :(

Here's the deal on that though. Vortex has insanely awesome customer service and asks dealers to have the customers contact them directly if they have any problems. They want to know about it and they want to make sure you are happy. You are actually better off dealing with Vortex than the dealer you bought it from, even if the dealer was local. You'll see when you talk to Vortex.

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm sure they're bored, it's hard to offer customer service for a gun that typically ends up in a ditch or evidence locker after a few rounds. :mamoru:
    Well congrats on supporting the stereotype of Hi-Point firearms. I love my 995ts, and I guarantee you'll find a whole host of people on this site that love their various Hi-Points, but I do appreciate your addition to this post. Thanks

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I had a similar experience with them yesterday. I got a rifle from them and it turns out the firing pin is broken, I was told to contact another distributor where they bought them from. Of course they don't answer the phone.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Well congrats on supporting the stereotype of Hi-Point firearms. I love my 995ts, and I guarantee you'll find a whole host of people on this site that love their various Hi-Points, but I do appreciate your addition to this post. Thanks

It's called humor. They do have the reputation for a reason. Realistically though, other than the barrels being shot out after 500rds I've heard surprisingly good things about them in terms of reliability and customer service.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Here's the deal on that though. Vortex has insanely awesome customer service and asks dealers to have the customers contact them directly if they have any problems. They want to know about it and they want to make sure you are happy. You are actually better off dealing with Vortex than the dealer you bought it from, even if the dealer was local. You'll see when you talk to Vortex.

+1 for Vortex. I've never had the need for customer service but shoot along side some of the guys and they will take time out of their personal match preparation to answer questions.

Being no where NEAR their biggest customer, but still maintaining five to six orders a month, Brownells has amazed me in their customer service. Parts, supplies, and tools....they are on the spot and have immediately fixed any issue that has come up.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Except for their idiocy of lumping my non-FFL orders with my FFL orders and sending everything to my FFL, I like Brownells too.

They HAVE NOT raised prices as their business is sold out of most things because of it.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had to call Davidsons yesterday because their website hates iPhones.

My order was placed and the gun that has eluded me for weeks is on its way.

Top Bottom