Best gun deal you’ve ever gotten?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    #1 16-gauge Savage Stevens Double barrel--- new---gift from Mom and Dad for being an Honor Roll student
    in 1958/1959 school year. #2 Remington model 33---gift from one of my Grand Paws in the early 60s for no
    reason at all. Still have both and still shoot both. This may not be the type deal you're talking about but they
    sure were/are a big deal to.

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    My cheapest ones was:

Years ago, Walked into an antique/ resell shop in Coles, MS one day with my father. He was talking to the owner when I walked by an old wooden barrel with pieces of pipe etc.
    I asked the owner how much was the shotgun barrel in there. He said " Everything in that barrel is a dollar."

That shotgun barrel was a Winchester 37 .20ga barrelled action, so I dug it out.
    Dig some more, pulled out a Winchester 67 barreled receiver.

Third pulled out a Remington 1894 12ga double with no stock.

Before we left, I had everything out the barrel and in the bottom of the barrel I found the 37 stock and forearm, the 67's stock AND bolt.

Walked out with 2 complete guns and the 1894 missing the stock for the whopping price of $3 dollars.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    #1 Bought a Mosin from a member here for $60 or $75 and some steel cased 223 that my gun hated. That Mosin was a great shooting gun too.

#2 Brother gave me a well worn Marlin 60 that needed some repairs as it won't feed/fire rounds consecutively. A buddy wanted to borrow it but I told him he needed to be fixed. He took it to a Gunsmith and got it fixed, then put a 4X scope on it and went squirrel hunting with it. Gave it back after hunting season was over and wouldn't let me pay him for it.

Jfovs

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    My cheapest ones was:

Years ago, Walked into an antique/ resell shop in Coles, MS one day with my father. He was talking to the owner when I walked by an old wooden barrel with pieces of pipe etc.
    I asked the owner how much was the shotgun barrel in there. He said " Everything in that barrel is a dollar."

That shotgun barrel was a Winchester 37 .20ga barrelled action, so I dug it out.
    Dig some more, pulled out a Winchester 67 barreled receiver.

Third pulled out a Remington 1894 12ga double with no stock.

Before we left, I had everything out the barrel and in the bottom of the barrel I found the 37 stock and forearm, the 67's stock AND bolt.

Walked out with 2 complete guns and the 1894 missing the stock for the whopping price of $3 dollars.
    Wow

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Marlin 75 .22lr semi auto for $9 from AuctionArms.com when it shipped to my dealer he saw the price and said this transfer was on the house.

I’ve refinished the stock twice, currently lavender rattlecan with a Millett SP2 red dot(my wife’s combo).

Still shoots like a dream.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    One of the best monetary deals I got was on a gun that came from a crime lab. When the widow was contacted about having the gun returned, she declined and gave it to the deputy/technician, who then made a quick sale for pure profit to another deputy who used to own a gun store, who was still able to make profit selling it to me around $150 less than new retail. I gave it a detailed cleaning, said a sincere prayer for a departed soul, and just have to make sure to never let my wife know its origins.

We've had some guys get great deals from people who walk in wanting to turn in guns that they don't want but don't want to "sell on the street" to just anyone, but my bad luck when it happened on my shift was that the supervisor working had previously worked in our Evidence section, and had been refused when wanting to obtain a nice gun that was ordered for disposal. Since he was butt-hurt over that, he insisted that an officer couldn't make an offer to someone coming in wanting to turn in a gun, and insisted they had to be taken in and destroyed. The one he had wanted had been from an adjudicated case, not just some doofus off the street, but because he was sore about it, three like new guns got melted. What a Richard Cranium!

Jfovs

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Marlin 75 .22lr semi auto for $9 from AuctionArms.com when it shipped to my dealer he saw the price and said this transfer was on the house.

I’ve refinished the stock twice, currently lavender rattlecan with a Millett SP2 red dot(my wife’s combo).

Still shoots like a dream.
    Dang! Jealous, I want a marlin

Jfovs

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    One of the best monetary deals I got was on a gun that came from a crime lab. When the widow was contacted about having the gun returned, she declined and gave it to the deputy/technician, who then made a quick sale for pure profit to another deputy who used to own a gun store, who was still able to make profit selling it to me around $150 less than new retail. I gave it a detailed cleaning, said a sincere prayer for a departed soul, and just have to make sure to never let my wife know its origins.

We've had some guys get great deals from people who walk in wanting to turn in guns that they don't want but don't want to "sell on the street" to just anyone, but my bad luck when it happened on my shift was that the supervisor working had previously worked in our Evidence section, and had been refused when wanting to obtain a nice gun that was ordered for disposal. Since he was butt-hurt over that, he insisted that an officer couldn't make an offer to someone coming in wanting to turn in a gun, and insisted they had to be taken in and destroyed. The one he had wanted had been from an adjudicated case, not just some doofus off the street, but because he was sore about it, three like new guns got melted. What a Richard Cranium!
    Dang!

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Synthetic stocked Browning A Bolt. .270 Win with mediocre glass for $250

Co-worker called me while I was at lunch, friend of his was raising cash and had it for sale. He also had a Model 700 '06 for the same money. I should have bought both, but I called another friend and he bought the Remington.

gman3214

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Meatire
    traded a spanish fr-8 rifle that was spray painted (bought off a guy who was trying to sell it) with a bayo and about 150-200rds of 308 for a wsar 10-63 about 1200rds and 20 mags and payed him about 400$? Got lucky on the fact the guy trading the ak, the fr8 was previously his first rifle and wanted another one again.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria

Richard Cranium! LMFAO!

watash

Watash
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    LaSalle Parish
    At a flea market I bought a cool 50cal muzzle loader that was like an old musket in design. It looked as though it had just been pulled out of the box, a really nice rifle.
    I paid $60 for it, at home I researched it and found the MSRP was $450.

Top Bottom