Best Hiking Trails

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    I use it too and love it. Lots of La. trails and guidance.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Black Creek Trail is near Brooklyn, MS (s of Hattiesburg). 45 miles of hiking with lots of water available. It can be broken up into usually 10 mile sections.

Richardson's Trail. Very hilly. Near McComb. There's a very nice campground nearby.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Black Creek Trail is near Brooklyn, MS (s of Hattiesburg). 45 miles of hiking with lots of water available. It can be broken up into usually 10 mile sections.

Richardson's Trail. Very hilly. Near McComb. There's a very nice campground nearby.
    Black Creek is the best canoe trip available within a reasonable distance that I have found. I have never hiked there before though.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Black Creek is the best canoe trip available within a reasonable distance that I have found. I have never hiked there before though.
    The trail more or less follows the creek. It changes from pine forest to hardwood and back again depending on elevations. There are some really swampy sections also. Lots of wildlife.

Very nice hike. We split it up into 10 to 12 mile sections and hiked it over a few weekends. Favorite section was Janice landing to Moody's (well, across the creek anyway.... watch the water levels if you have to cross... ask me how I know sometime... funny story there :) )

(We did have an encounter with some escaped juvies from camp shelby (did I mention the occasional artillery impact and .50 cal fire?). Bring some lightweight protection just in case... )

Last edited:

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Backbone trail, Kisatchie national forest 35 min above Alexandria.
    7 miles with a 2 mile walk back on road to parking, unless you bring 2 cars and park at each trailhead.
    ups and downs with rock outcrops and sandstone boulders, the only federal wilderness area in La.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom