Best Local Orthopedic Surgeon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    A few years ago, I had a scope done by Dr. Duval in Lafayette, which did nothing for my symptoms. I still can not touch my shoulder, and I still can't straighten my elbow. The pain was tolerable, until today. I woke up this morning and my elbow was killing me. If I move it toward my shoulder it feels as though I am hitting my funny bone. My elbow looks inflamed (even more than normal. It is always swollen because I have a broken bone floating around). I am thinking that the inflamation is pushing on the Ulner Nerve causing the pain and numbmess in my elbow and pinky and ring finger. The Ulner Nerve is right under the Medial Epicondile, which is where the broken bone is.

SOO my question is who would ya'll recommend locally, or in Mississippi, Florida, or Alabama. When I had my first surgery Dr. Leonard in Lafayette recomended Dr. Andrews in Alabama, but at that time my parents didn't want to travel that far, but after no sucess with the 1st surgery, we don't want to take any chances.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Call the BR ortho clinic and see who you can get an appointment with, most are booked solid for quite a while, but most of the best in the area are there.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think the BEST in LA, maybe even one of the top 10 in the country is J. Ollie Edmunds over at Tulane. He doesn't work much, pretty much takes cases that are difficult that he wants to do... Also students at tulane med school actually petition to get him to teach a class....

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    i had a very successful hand surgery from dr allen johnston at lousiana orthopedic and spinal a few years back and did not even require physical therapy.

UHH I hated physical therapy. I was in physical therapy less than a week after my 1st surgery and that shi* hurt. IDK what was worse the physical theapy or the cortisone shot in my funny bone area.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Brian Griffith is a friend of mine. He primarly does knees. But call the office and ask who mostly works on elbows. I've shadowed several and their all good

Griffith did the ACL reconstruction in my left knee, and Laurence Messina did the ACL Reconstruction in my right knee.

Messina just did a bilateral knee replacement on my Mom on May 2nd. She got released to drive and walk without a cane yesterday.

I don't know if either of these guys does elbows, but Doctors don't get any better than either of these guys.

Dirty

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Phillip Bacilla at Opelousas Orthopedic practiced in Alexandria for a few years. Our daughter loved him, and he seemed to know his stuff. I think if she ever hurts herself again, we'll take the hour and 40 minute drive down there (pain dependent) after stabilizing her break or injury in the ER. That's all they do anyway, pack you on ice and tell you to see the ortho the next morning.

Dirty J

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    New Iberia
    Edward Lisecki at the Ortho Clinic in New Iberia, Hands down the best I have been to. He put ten screws and two plates in my left hand and reconstructed my "Half" of a bird finger after Hebert royally screwed it up and never have had a problem with it since, it was like I was born with it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Brian Griffith is a friend of mine. He primarly does knees. But call the office and ask who mostly works on elbows. I've shadowed several and their all good

Does Brian Griffith do upper body? He did my GF's knee and did a great job.

Her hand Dr. Michael Robichaux sent her to him for the knee and Michael Robichaux did her three hand surgeries and was great. I sat in on every visit Robichaux seems to be great on upper extremity. He had Dr. Ronnie Matthews with him on hands

Top Bottom