Best local (retail or mom & pop) place to buy ammo? Best place online? [

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    I figure I'm going to go by either wal-mart or academy today and see if they've got some 9mm in stock since I plan to head to the range tomorrow.

However, I really want to buy some more online since it's cheaper. Possibly a case.

What are the best places/prices you've seen?

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I figure I'm going to go by either wal-mart or academy today and see if they've got some 9mm in stock since I plan to head to the range tomorrow.

However, I really want to buy some more online since it's cheaper. Possibly a case.

What are the best places/prices you've seen?
    Wal-Mart: Blazer aluminum if you and your gun like it; Blazer Brass if they have it. WWB is a good deal too, but the Blazer's a bit cheaper, I think.

Here's a good reference: http://gun-deals.com/ammo

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Ammoman.com seems to be a good guy.

I don't have any personal experience with this guy but he is in the "deal with at your own risk category" in the feedback section of the equipment exchange at ARFCOM.

I guess I should clarify. I mean ammoman.com not Sound, just so there isn't any confusion. I've dealt with Sound and he's good to go.

I reread my post and thought I might need to clarify to prevent confusion.

blastncast2

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Maurice, LA
    I agree. I recently bought 100 rnds of .40 at Academy. A few day later, I was in WalMart and compared prices and WalMart was a little cheaper. So I bought a couple hundred more rounds of .40 and .45. I'm not sure about 9mm prices.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I don't have any personal experience with Ammoman.com but he is in the "deal with at your own risk category" in the feedback section of the equipment exchange at ARFCOM.
    I've bought from Ammoman a couple of times with no problems whatsoever. In fact, that's where I got my Federal LE13200 buckshot from. (In a nice thread tie-in, if I say so myself!)

As always, you do have to compare prices though, as Ammoman can be high on some things, like milsurp ammo.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I've bought from Ammoman a couple of times with no problems whatsoever. In fact, that's where I got my Federal LE13200 buckshot from. (In a nice thread tie-in, if I say so myself!)

As always, you do have to compare prices though, as Ammoman can be high on some things, like milsurp ammo.

Now that I'm actually seeing the thread it looks like a dispute over a firearm not ammo. I haven't dealt with him personally. Here is the link if anyone is interested http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=455

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    The best local buys are WWB (Winchester White Box) and Remington 115 gr FMJ. You can get them in boxes of 100 for 20 bucks.

Every now and then you can catch Monarch 9mm on sale at Academy, they only come in boxes of 50.

Ammoman and ammunition to go are the 2 best places I've dealt with this year.

Here is the Ammoman link

Here is the Ammo to Go website

Where ya going shooting tomorrow? I might be free mid morning...

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    The best local buys are WWB (Winchester White Box) and Remington 115 gr FMJ. You can get them in boxes of 100 for 20 bucks.

Every now and then you can catch Monarch 9mm on sale at Academy, they only come in boxes of 50.

Ammoman and ammunition to go are the 2 best places I've dealt with this year.

Here is the Ammoman link

Here is the Ammo to Go website

Where ya going shooting tomorrow? I might be free mid morning...
    I honestly don't know. My buddy is saying afternoon, but I dunno when in the afternoon he'll even be available. Probably shooting over at the Sherriff's office here cause it's free, and I'm figuring it'll be dead on the pistol range.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    http://www.wideners.com/

Always had good luck with Wideners, good prices, reasonable shipping - sometimes they have free shipping deals. I very rarely buy ammo locally, I will buy from time to time when there are deals. I loath buying anything from Wally world, don't care how cheap it is...

Top Bottom