Best place to purchase gun powder?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Hunter

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    Laredo, Tx
    Has anyone had any luck finding H-1000 powder? I’ve requested notifications when the product becomes available on several sites but have not been lucky enough to get it? Just curious if anyone has had any luck with it?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Many places are out of many things. I've read that some powders come from overseas in big containers. When those shipments come in, many places have it at once and then run out due to high demand. I would pick somewhere like Brownells or Midway and sign up for back in stock and buy 8 lbs or so when they have it.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    Not sure if you can use these, but this thread has some powder-

Texas Hunter

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    Laredo, Tx
    Not sure if you can use these, but this thread has some powder-

Thank you

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Has anyone had any luck finding H-1000 powder? I’ve requested notifications when the product becomes available on several sites but have not been lucky enough to get it? Just curious if anyone has had any luck with it?
    Try looking at Cabela's in Store in Gonzales , La. I was looking at Handgun Powders last weekend and they had Hodgdons powders but I didn't look at Rifle or H-10000 powder so can't say for sure if they have it . They had a good selection of Accurate Arms / Ramshot / Western Powders ...
    Accurate -MAGPRO and Ramshot - Magnum are in the same burn range / use as H-1000 and may be easier to find .

I had luck finding Accurate #2 , #5 and #7 when I was looking for Bullseye , Unique and 2400 ... and I like the Accurate / Western line of powders a lot ... they meter realy well .

Good luck
    Gary

Last edited:

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    These days it is good to be flexible and willing to go with other powder or primer options.
    Late getting back to the party ( was on vacation in Florida )
    But ... When it comes to reloading and powder ...
    ... Truer Words were never spoken by Mitch D. !

I reloaded handguns since 1967 with Bullseye , Unique and 2400 ...
    then all the powder / primer shortages got popular . I will never forget the day when local gunshop had NO powder and Cabela's only had 3 one pound cans of Red Dot on the shelf ... that day I started reloading with Red Dot and drove back to Cabela's to buy the two other cans .
    One thing the "shortages" have done is goaded me into trying other powders ... some of them I like ... but if you ask me ...
    You maybe can equal but you still can't beat Bullseye , Unique and 2400 Powders !
    I do like Red Dot and the Accurate Arms #2 and #5 and I like W231 / HP-38 also !
    Good Luck on the Powder Supply Hunt Guys
    Merry Christmas ,
    Gary

beauhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Many places are out of many things. I've read that some powders come from overseas in big containers. When those shipments come in, many places have it at once and then run out due to high demand. I would pick somewhere like Brownells or Midway and sign up for back in stock and buy 8 lbs or so when they have it.
    Graf & sons has it in stock

www.grafs.com

Top Bottom