Best Ruger 10/22 scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    At 50 yards it would be hard to go wrong with any decent scope. At that range the added price for better glass is really not an advantage for clarity sake. And I would assume you are not going to dial in a correction for bullet drop or wind so precise adjustments are not a concern either. I would just look for a scope with a really fine reticle so that the reticle does not cover up the small .22 caliber holes on subsequent shots if you are going to use it as target gun. Obviously it could double as a hunting optic.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Thanks im leaning towards the leupold VXII 3-9x33mm EFR rimfire. Im just not sure if thats too much scope and I will be wasting money that could be better spent on ammo. I really dont want to go any smaller than a 32mm objective.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have and like nikon prostaff on all of my rimfire. Great scope that stays on zero and will not fog up on cold wet southern days

+1 I have one on my 10/22, love the clarity. I actually bought the gun slightly used and was so impressed that when I get my AR built I want a Nikon scope on it.

IMG_0314.jpg

I checked out the Nikon vs Leupold in a G/S one day and noticed that the Nikon was brighter than the Leupold. I'm sold. :)

Bam Bam

BasinSniper

Bandolier
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Thanks im leaning towards the leupold VXII 3-9x33mm EFR rimfire. Im just not sure if thats too much scope and I will be wasting money that could be better spent on ammo. I really dont want to go any smaller than a 32mm objective.

nikon prostaff no contest

best bang for the buck

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Im looking for opinions on what the best scope to get for my ruger 10/22 for $400 or less. Most of my shooting will be 50 yards or less.

Kinda like asking what's the best food to eat.;)

Ask 100 different people and you are likely to get as many different answers.
    It really depends on the demands you put on your shooting. I like to have a scope that has parallax adjustments to cover the ranges I will be shooting and enough magnification to clearly see the smallest target I may engage. Any quality scope meeting these criteria would work for me.

Now if all you want to do is bounce a tin can then any scope will do.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Before spending that much money on a scope to go on a $200 gun (assuming its still factory and not a $1000 target gun!) take a look at Konus. For the money (under $100) they are very clear and bright.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I went with some cheap 80 dollar bushnell at cabelas. It was going to be temporary but it seems to be doing the job fine so I think im going to make it permanent.

Top Bottom