Best scope for around 200

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saxy415

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Denham Springs, la
    Hey guys, I just got my dpms lr308 in today, and am in need of a scope. I want to keep it around the $200 range. I will be using this rifle for hunting, and some long range shooting. I doubt I will use it for anything over 300 yards. The main things I am looking for is a scope that will stay accurate and let a lot of light in. Any help that you guys could give would be great.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I heard good things about the bushnell elite 3200's as well. I went to Cabelas not too long ago and compared the Nikon Buckmaster, Elite3200, and Leupold VXII (all in a close price range) and the Buckmaster was by far the clearest of those 3, at least to me.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Thanks for the help. I have decided to go with the buckmaster. Now the question is, what mounts should I go with, any suggestions?

If you got an AR10 with a flattop, you only need a set of High or Xtra high rings to start with, and if you wish to, you can get one of those fancy LaRue QD mounts in the future.

I personally like the Millet Angle-loc, windage adjustable rings, and they can be found at lots of places. Just make sure you get them tall enough so you can still "rack" the charging handle.

Top Bottom