BFPU Romy.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rakkasan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Slidell
    Finally broke down and built a BFPU off a non-matching romy kit. This thing sounds like a box of rocks when shaking it LOL. Reminds me of the old WW2 45s we were issued in the army. Just have to put a little pitina on the barrel now.
    1349034771.jpg

1349225770.jpg

1349225752.jpg

1349225820.jpg

1349225758.jpg

Rakkasan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Slidell
    This thing is freeking awesome. Not worried about banging it up. Was gonna refinish the weapon, but it's so cool like it is. Got the kit from ak builder. Non-matching with U.S. barrel. I got 3 egyptian kits, but this is my first Romy build and loving the look of it. Hopefully will shoot it friday. I may have over paid a bit, but the barrel was headspaced and drilled "my drill press is currently in storage". There are some romy kits for sale on AKfiles with U.S. barrel for $240.00 shipped also from Mr AK 47 (or some name like that). I ordered one last week. Best deal I could find.

Last edited:

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    dsc00243vi.jpg

Many years ago Century had a sale on AK kits for something like $59.00 or $69.00 and this kit was the worse I've seen. No rear sight spring, front sight was broke, no numbers matched, gas tube lose as goose, no cleaning rod, but it did have a good barrel and good headspace. The wood was robbed along time ago. Because I got couple of nice AKs I didn't care how this one looked. I wanted to try a 1.5 flat from AKbuilder so I sent the trunnions out to be milled (thanks Dark Knight). I wanted to keep it kind of cheap so I used spare parts I've collected from over the years. The mismatched wood is Chinese and the swivle is from a FAl. The only thing I don't care for is the bright bare metal spots - I used a dremel drum to clean up those areas. Some flat black paint will take care of that. Anway, here is my Frankin AK47.

Top Bottom