Biden Closes Gun Show Loophole.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    All of this is to make the rules vague and scare people way from selling their guns. Basically your gun collection is worthless now because you can't sell it without fear of going to jail.
    You can still go through your licensed government registration enrollment officer/llc, and keep your papers.

Last edited:

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    So if I want to sell a AR, glock, 1911 etc., all I have to do is sell the frame which is the firearm for $1 and take a loss then sell the parts that go with it for the original price of the completed firearm.

SBR1861

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2024
    East Feliciana Parish
    “if you sell guns predominantly to earn a profit, you must be licensed and you must conduct background checks.”
    The new rule will expand the definition of who is “engaged in the business” of selling firearms and now required to conduct background checks—for example, sellers who “repetitively” sell firearms within 30 days of their purchase, or sell guns that are new or “like new” and in their original packaging.

my guess is no. Except for a few people. :)
    The Supreme Court is to decide on Chevron deference and this will be moot.

Casper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Lake Charles

Says “anyone selling guns online”.
    Does that mean no more gun listings in the marketplace once this takes effect?

My brother was a prominant FFL in this area for years and assures me that this is political saber rattling. There are work-arounds. Just work with folks that you know or have been vetted.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    But that IS their endgame, they aren't hiding it. They want universal background checks. They want every single gun bought and sold to be tracked. They are forthcoming with that at least. This is the first step. With Democrats, and peoples fundamental rights, there is never just a rule to immediately take their rights, they do it over decades.
    No, this is far from the first step. The first step was the first regulation.

OldSchool45

Blessed!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Metairie
    “Under this regulation, it will not matter if guns are sold on the internet, at a gun show, or at a brick-and-mortar store: if you sell guns predominantly to earn a profit, you must be licensed, and you must conduct background checks,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement.

So who decides if someone "makes a profit" on a gun sale??

It appears that the Biden admin has hijacked the so-called Safer Communities Act that was passed in 2022. What's your thoughts on this and will Bayou Shooter have to close the marketplace?

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    The new rule will effect guys asking for bills of sales when selling their private firearms. Need a reciept then you are a gundealer. Tried to tell you guys this.
    Absolutely and brazenly incorrect.

The BOS (up until now at least -- @thperez1972 makes a good point) is primarily to have a record of the serial number transfer from one dude to the next, it's not a "receipt" in the commercial sense. If you're not sure of why you'd want such a record, then we can all disregard anything even remotely sounding like legal advice coming from you, moving forward.

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Says “anyone selling guns online”.
    Does that mean no more gun listings in the marketplace once this takes effect?

The marketplace section here isn't an e-commerce site, it's a classifieds site. As you said, these are just listings same as if we put an ad in a newspaper or a flyer on a telephone pole. You can't actually purchase anything natively here on BS (other than a membership, of course).

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    The marketplace section here isn't an e-commerce site, it's a classifieds site. As you said, these are just listings same as if we put an ad in a newspaper or a flyer on a telephone pole. You can't actually purchase anything natively here on BS (other than a membership, of course).
    THIS.
    And beyond the connection of two parties the relationship of this board, and the gun buyer/seller, ends.

Its up to the buyer/seller to effect a person to person transfer on a 4473 if required by law.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I assume you all missed this part ??

"Individuals who purchase or sell guns for the “enhancement of a personal collection or a legitimate hobby” are not required to register and conduct background checks."
    I also heard someone a while back say "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor... if you like your health care plan you can keep your health care plan." Just cause they say it now it don't mean they will abide by it later.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Absolutely and brazenly incorrect.

The BOS (up until now at least -- @thperez1972 makes a good point) is primarily to have a record of the serial number transfer from one dude to the next, it's not a "receipt" in the commercial sense. If you're not sure of why you'd want such a record, then we can all disregard anything even remotely sounding like legal advice coming from you, moving forward.
    You must be a millenial. Let me tell you how this stuff works.
    The ATF will reclassify the BOS as a official documentation for those who request them for private sales and therefore the property of the .gov. . I mean why wouldnt they?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    The ATF will reclassify the BOS as a official documentation for those who request them for private sales and therefore the property of the .gov. . I mean why wouldnt they?
    The irony is thick that you call him a millennial then proceed to lecture him as they do.

Just because YOU formulate some draconian requirement process in your wild imagination does not mean its going to happen, and these proclamations you make here for the uninformed to read and believe makes you just look tin foil'ish.

In you spare time, between coming up with these wild scenarios, and blaming others for not subscribing, research the Paperwork Reduction Act.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's called a bill of sale but most people don't use it as such. It's usually a document of transfer and, in most cases, does not list a dollar amount. With no dollar amount, it would be next to impossible to establish any sort of profit was made from the transfer. As far as it being an official document establishing the transfer of a weapon from one person to another, of course. That the purpose of asking for one.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks for your input, but I’m asking the powers that be if that’s going to be a possibility here on the site, I’m not asking anyone to define the law.

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Thanks for your input, but I’m asking the powers that be if that’s going to be a possibility here on the site, I’m not asking anyone to define the law.
    I'm not defining the law at all. I was just pointing out the essential differences between sales and advertising.

Top Bottom