Biden latest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Which one?

This one?;
    buy a shotgun, skip the AR-15
    *You don’t need an AR-15,* Biden said, according to The Associated Press. *It’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use and in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself.*

or this one;
    The Vice President has two shotguns at home, and told wife Jill she just needs to *fire two blasts outside the house* if danger comes calling.

or this one;
    *If you can't get the deer in the second or third shot, you shouldn't be out hunting deer,* Biden said, the Daily News reported.

or this one;
    buy a shotgun, skip the AR-15

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Strange. I don't recall asking Joe Biden for any advice pertaining to firearms, or anything else he thinks I shouldn't own.

And yes- he seems to have a thing about combining shotguns & stupid remarks:

“I guarantee ya, Barack Obama ain’t takin’ my shotguns. So don’t buy that malarkey. Don’t buy that malarkey. They’re gonna, they’re gonna start peddlin’ that to ya. I got two. If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.”

:dogkeke:

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Women don't need AR15s. They are too complicated. But hey! Lets put them in combat with M4s. Those are easier to operate.

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    "you only need a gun that goes pew, NOT pew, pew, pew..."

He didn't really say it, but I can surely picture him saying it...

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'd like to know why our Vice President, higher leader of the Executive Branch of the gov't, is telling the country they should be slinging lead into the air when threatened. You are responsible for every projectile down range. Shooting at anything other than an appropriate backstop or someone that needs shot is a liability and often purely illegal.

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    I agree with Biden... in part.

At home, I'll take a shotgun over damn near anything else.

-Im delivering 9 rounds at a trigger pull, to an AR's one round.
    -Youve got a much better chance of hitting someone at, say, a hallway length range on the first shot (9 pellets fanning out) than with one 556 round traveling linearly
    -Over-penetration (through walls) is much less of a concern.

There is nothing wrong with an 18" 870. If you take it to the range (which I NEVER see anyone do) and get it patterned, so you know what those rounds are doing at varying distances - you can get surgical with a shotgun.

Last but not least, there is something that is primordial in people when they hear a pump shotgun rack a round. That sound is universal and everyone knows it means trouble is coming. Nothing I can point to scientifically, but Ive seen more than a suspect or two lose the will to keep actin a fool when that scattergun comes out of the car and gets a round chambered.

Aaaaand, having said that all, **** Joe Biden.

Firearms are tools, and there is no one tool that covers every job. I cant install an electrical outlet with a belt sander, no more than I can protect my house with a deer rifle. I cannot use a circular saw to fix a loose window pane, no more than I can deer hunt with my 1911. Etc, etc.

His comments are borne of pure ignorance.

He's never tried clearing a house with his trusty 28" Beretta hunting shotgun. He's damn sure never tried it when a scumbag was IN the house. If he had, he wouldnt be an issue anymore, as the gun probably would have been taken from him as soon as he tried sweeping that long as barrel through the fatal funnel where a bad guy lay in wait on the other side of the door.

He's never spent enough time behind an M4 to know that it, while it takes a significant amount of practice, you can get so used to that platform that you cant imagine defending your home with anything else. By the time youve put the time in to become unconscious competent with a weapon, being able to use it in any situation is no more difficult than slipping on your favorite pair of jeans.

**** him.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Reality check....

This IS the mentality of our top-level leadership and what we have to deal with.

I would like to see Mrs. Biden wield a 12ga. SxS and pop a few caps off the deck. Afterall, if there are any bad guys out there, they are probably just carrying 7 round BB guns. Hey Joe, just get her some missiles to launch (bottle rockets). That should take care of all those things that go bump in the night.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    lol, good job shaggy, you managed to bring up every other common myth spouted about shotguns that Biden left out.

That said, I don't think it's a bad idea to use a shotgun with buckshot, for home defense, I just dislike the momentum of deeply ingrained embellishment it gets.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    I guess I'll have to add a house with a balcony to my home defense tools...I wonder what its like in wonderland with unicorns and care bears bouncing about...

btw #7 shot in my home defense tool...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Some really simple questions for Joe Biden:

Will he be willing to give up his armed security team (who, as far as I know, are not carrying double barrel shotguns) once everyone is made safer by scricter gun laws and gun bans?

If the answer is no, why not? Is it because there will still be bad people about....?

A child-like question for a man who speaks to us as if we are children.:)

Last edited:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana

-Youve got a much better chance of hitting someone at, say, a hallway length range on the first shot (9 pellets fanning out) than with one 556 round traveling linearly

There is nothing wrong with an 18" 870. If you take it to the range (which I NEVER see anyone do) and get it patterned, so you know what those rounds are doing at varying distances - you can get surgical with a shotgun.

Last but not least, there is something that is primordial in people when they hear a pump shotgun rack a round. That sound is universal and everyone knows it means trouble is coming. Nothing I can point to scientifically, but Ive seen more than a suspect or two lose the will to keep actin a fool when that scattergun comes out of the car and gets a round chambered.

Firearms are tools, and there is no one tool that covers every job. I cant install an electrical outlet with a belt sander, no more than I can protect my house with a deer rifle. I cannot use a circular saw to fix a loose window pane, no more than I can deer hunt with my 1911. Etc, etc.

He's never tried clearing a house with his trusty 28" Beretta hunting shotgun. He's damn sure never tried it when a scumbag was IN the house. If he had, he wouldnt be an issue anymore, as the gun probably would have been taken from him as soon as he tried sweeping that long as barrel through the fatal funnel where a bad guy lay in wait on the other side of the door.

He's never spent enough time behind an M4 to know that it, while it takes a significant amount of practice, you can get so used to that platform that you cant imagine defending your home with anything else. By the time youve put the time in to become unconscious competent with a weapon, being able to use it in any situation is no more difficult than slipping on your favorite pair of jeans.

**** him.

At distances normally found inside a home, with ammunition capable of stopping an intruder, spread pattern is negligible. Either you are aiming center of mass or you are not. Now, if you are at the end of the hall, like you said with a good 30-35 feet between you and the intruder, you are good to go as you have a severe advantage.

The argument of over-penetration is moot IMO. Any projectile capable of effectively incapacitating an intruder is capable of over-penetrating. (12ga, 000Buck for example is .035 diameter at a muzzle velocity of around 1200 fps, nearly identical to 9mm.) Not saying that a shotgun is a poor choice as it is actually a great choice but it is what it is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Women don't need AR15s. They are too complicated. But hey! Lets put them in combat with M4s. Those are easier to operate.

That's the logic we (collectively), have elected and stand for.

Know where else women won't need AR's? In the kitchen cooking my dinner while I sit in my La-Z-Boy. :p

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell

**** him.

What if said BG has your kid?

I'd like to know exactly where my shots are going to end up...

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    te3yz5ucsd1i0nwm0zd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric