Biden's biggest prize in the gun control battle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    Biden want's to eliminate the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act of 2005, that protects firearm manufacturers, their distributors and dealers from liability when crimes are committed using their products. All other potential liabilities that other businesses face remain. If he's successful, then the entire industry would eventually be bankrupted.

It makes no sense to me that if some nut steals a gun and uses it to shoot/kill people, then the victims families and survivors can sue the gun maker, seller, and distributor, assuming they operated legally.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Biden's handlers are more ambitious than that.

They'd like to confiscate every 4473, create a registry, ban the firearms. Then send troops door to door confiscating them.

Not because they want to eliminate crime, but because they fear an armed populace.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Biden's handlers are more ambitious than that.

They'd like to confiscate every 4473, create a registry, ban the firearms. Then send troops door to door confiscating them.

Not because they want to eliminate crime, but because they fear an armed populace.

Bingo!!! We have forgotten how to drink wine from the skulls of our enemy's.

Or beer or whiskey for some ...lol

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    We need more bluntness. The worst kind of blindness is those that choose not to see. People who are not our friends are gathering at the gates. I’m hoping we have enough people left who love our country to stop the madness.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    A country or government that allows it citizens to protect themselves and their property can be call a democracy. A government that does not allow its citizens to protect themselves and their own property is called a dictatorship. .................... drill sgt.

Last edited:

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I always see a lot of broad, poetic, generalized, bold, etc. statements in posts like these, but NEVER see anyone suggesting a reasonable remedy that would provide some traction we could all get behind and still remain among the living. It's as if many are content to wait for the fall and then rely on their singular ability to make corrections after the fact.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I always see a lot of broad, poetic, generalized, bold, etc. statements in posts like these, but NEVER see anyone suggesting a reasonable remedy that would provide some traction we could all get behind and still remain among the living. It's as if many are content to wait for the fall and then rely on their singular ability to make corrections after the fact.

You have to ask yourself. What do you prize most? Your liberty, or your life ?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’ll give a few reasonable remedies. These are long term, as what we are seeing take place in America did not happen overnight.

It all starts in the home. If you have kids, raise them to be a productive part of society. Teach them that although not perfect, America is still the land of milk and honey. Teach them about the constitution and why it’s so special as far a personable freedoms are concerned. They also need to know that along with these freedoms there is responsibilities. You can’t go through this life being a taker all the time. Learn to give back and good thing will follow you the rest of your life.
    Educate yourself about what is going on in the world, your country, your city. It is amazing how many people do not know what is happening on a daily basis around them. Our society is mesmerized with cheap over seas trinkets and iPhones, and as long as they have this they are content. These are what some people would call useful idiots.
    Get involved with what your local, state and national politicians and organizations. Give money to entities who believe like you and do good things with the donations. Send emails to your representatives and vote during elections. When election time rolls around make sure the people in your immediate circle know what politician is best for them and your family.
    All of the above things are reasonable and all in your control, but at least half of the population will do none of the above.

snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.

First and foremost we are a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. We must elect those who agree with us. Unfortunately, that didn't happen in the recent presidential election. In Louisiana, all but one of our elected Senators and Congressmen agree with us, so there's little we can do in-state. We must join together with credible national organizations, if there are any, who have the resources and will to fight in the courts clearly unconstitutional actions of our national government, such as this is going to be. That means you have to give money to those that are up to the task and participate in letter-writing campaigns and demonstrations. It won't be easy but we've got to do it. Here's something you can do right now. Sit down and write a letter to President Biden, strongly urging him to oppose any attempted change by Congress to the Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act. It's just as easy to do as adding a post to this board. Get everyone you can to do the same. If you refuse to do that, there's no justification in complaining.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

A reasonable remedy??? If you have to ask then you haven't a clue.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I don't see troops going door to door . What I see is anytime you are caught with a gun in your possession you will be arrested . Self defense with a gun will get you jail time ( just like it does now for ex cons ) . By then everything will be subsidized , possibly through tax breaks , and if you are caught with a gun you will loose all government subsidies . I keep reading people talk about boating accidents and loosing guns ,I say it's time to dredge those guns up .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

SingleActionSix

Subtle
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    West Baton Rouge Parish

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I’ll give a few reasonable remedies. These are long term, as what we are seeing take place in America did not happen overnight.

It all starts in the home. If you have kids, raise them to be a productive part of society. Teach them that although not perfect, America is still the land of milk and honey. Teach them about the constitution and why it’s so special as far a personable freedoms are concerned. They also need to know that along with these freedoms there is responsibilities. You can’t go through this life being a taker all the time. Learn to give back and good thing will follow you the rest of your life.
    Educate yourself about what is going on in the world, your country, your city. It is amazing how many people do not know what is happening on a daily basis around them. Our society is mesmerized with cheap over seas trinkets and iPhones, and as long as they have this they are content. These are what some people would call useful idiots.
    Get involved with what your local, state and national politicians and organizations. Give money to entities who believe like you and do good things with the donations. Send emails to your representatives and vote during elections. When election time rolls around make sure the people in your immediate circle know what politician is best for them and your family.
    All of the above things are reasonable and all in your control, but at least half of the population will do none of the above.

I'm with you 100% -all the basics for being a good citizen. Still, there is a shift in thinking (ok, that's a stretch ...it's all emotion based reaction now) that is expertly driven by media. Some form of media will need to be reclaimed and as you rightly mentioned, the restoration of good citizenship and all that comes with it including 2A basics will take time. I see way too many emotion based actors on this side (example- someone "proving his point" by deciding on a Monday to open carry in Wally World when he's never open carried in his entire life) for there to be ANY real progress toward educating an expertly dumbed down society on what 2A is and is NOT. It's troubling bc a concerted effort with some real thought and planning is required if a shift will get any traction.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Here's my problem with that: A "reasonable remedy that would provide some traction" will always involve our side having to surrender something to those who ultimately want to completely abolish the right to own firearms. They don't want to be reasonable; they want your guns. It's really that simple.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    First and foremost we are a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. We must elect those who agree with us. Unfortunately, that didn't happen in the recent presidential election. In Louisiana, all but one of our elected Senators and Congressmen agree with us, so there's little we can do in-state. We must join together with credible national organizations, if there are any, who have the resources and will to fight in the courts clearly unconstitutional actions of our national government, such as this is going to be. That means you have to give money to those that are up to the task and participate in letter-writing campaigns and demonstrations. It won't be easy but we've got to do it. Here's something you can do right now. Sit down and write a letter to President Biden, strongly urging him to oppose any attempted change by Congress to the Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act. It's just as easy to do as adding a post to this board. Get everyone you can to do the same. If you refuse to do that, there's no justification in complaining.

Agreed -big questions lingering in there though "...if there are any, who have the resources", "...that are up to the task" -so what's the task? and also, why draw a line in the sand on day one? "If you refuse to do that..." why not focus on making progress with everyone on this board rather than say something like "If you don't do this or that then shut your whining." Not everyone thinks, comprehends, acts the same as the other. I believe it will take a concerted effort to make changes and leaning toward some "fight" will get you just that. Last fight I had there needed to be a sure and swift winner. This ain't one of those situations but we sure seem to talk like it is. That turns a lot of otherwise good people away and they'll play for the other team.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Here's my problem with that: A "reasonable remedy that would provide some traction" will always involve our side having to surrender something to those who ultimately want to completely abolish the right to own firearms. They don't want to be reasonable; they want your guns. It's really that simple.

Agreed, but how did "their side" arrive at that completely abolish conclusion? It happened over time, repeated hundreds of thousands of times, in full stereophonic sound using simple two word phrases like "gun control", "assault weapons", "gun nuts".

You never ask an unreasonable person to get reasonable -that's asking for trouble and you'll get plenty. A reasonable remedy requires a higher level of intelligence, planning, implementation -and yes, stereophonic sound. This ain't gonna be easy, we need some young guys on board.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Top Bottom