Bidgunner.com Experiences?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun Justice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    New Orleans
    So I was checking budsgunshop.com for 45 ACP ammo, and I see someone bought a Beretta PX4 Storm 40 for $20. $20?!?! Holy crap, really? This is too good to be true. I go to the website. Apparently, you buy bid packs and place bids on guns and gear at a penny auction. If you win you pay the low dollar amount (plus however many bids you used). They also have a buy now option where if you lose the auction you click BUY NOW! and it calculates the cost of your bids and discounts that from the retail amount. If the item is a Glock that retails for $550 and you spent $50 on bids you pay $500. The website itself has very mixed reviews though. I don't want to risk any money on scams. Has anyone used it before?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    All of those penny auction sites make their money from the people who do not win the item. As Speed said, it is essentially gambling and is setup in their favor for them to win. I would advise sticking away from them.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    It is worse than trying to win an Ebay auction. I believe that most of them have a 30 second rule or something like that. If a bid comes in within the last few seconds then they add another 30 seconds. To me that is BS. If you can't get your bid in before the auction expires, to bad.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    It is worse than trying to win an Ebay auction. I believe that most of them have a 30 second rule or something like that. If a bid comes in within the last few seconds then they add another 30 seconds. To me that is BS. If you can't get your bid in before the auction expires, to bad.

Yeah, they add the extra time to stop snipers from outbidding folks in the last seconds of the auction. It's aggravating when I'm the sniper but helpful when I be da snipee. Definitely helps the seller (and auction site) realize more profit.

Top Bottom