bifocals or progressive lens?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • da hammer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Folsom, LA
    LASIK can't make you read. In my opinion there is no surgical procedure I would suggest for helping you to read. There is something called CK which I have been against since it first came out and I have yet to see a success story with it. LASIK CAN do monovision where it corrects one eye for distance and one eye for close. However the only way it can correct you to read is to make that eye nearsighted which would mean that eye could no longer see far away without correction.

Johnnyo

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As I first read the beginning of this thread I thought it dealt with them problem of focusing on the front sight when shooting! But all the responses were informative since we all either have this problem or will have it in the future.
    I use progressives since they do give me some flexibility when aiming my pistol since you are trying to focus on an object held at arms length which is quite different from trying to focus on, say a book.
    Does anyone else find progressive lenses better for shooting?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Walking up steps is going to be an adventure at first.

After years of wearing them, I'd never switch from progressive lenses.

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    I tried the progressive lenses twice and never could get used to them. I, then, tried reading glasses and distance glasses. I found that the regular bifocals work best for me, but still use reading glasses a lot.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I had progressives and hated them. The "progressive" part starts higher up on the lens than a line bifocal. I discovered that I couldn't get them to focus properly with any of my scoped rifles. When I went back to line bi-focals shooting a scope is no longer a problem.

Doug

jgreg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Independence LA
    doc someone suggested try before you buy I had a procedure that corrected my vision so that I could see far away and of course I was told that when I reached a magic age that I would need reading glasses
    That is ok I beleive I have 20-30 with slight stygmatism but that being said is that something you could help me with? I am getting the blurred vision at night driving and I do not think I can see very far away. If I set up a visit with you how would you work with me on trying to get me something that would work for me progressive sounds good. Should I call you to discuss etc.
    Please pm or post here your office # so I can contact you
    Thanks Jim

da hammer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Folsom, LA
    Jim, It's difficult to try progressives before you buy them as they are custom made for you. Our policy is that if you buy progressives and for some reason are unhappy we will change the lenses for you until you are happy weather that requires bi-focals, tri-focals, or some other form of correction. If you would like to talk about this further please feel free to e-mail me at drjeff at lafamilyeyecare dot com. Typically it's hard for me to talk while at the office as I am pretty busy with patient responsibilities. I could talk after hours if you like just e-mail me a phone number and I'll try and call one day this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom